Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best shampoo for post-pregnancy sensitive scalp

(9 Posts)
LittleAbruzzenBear Fri 26-Oct-12 11:35:24

My hormones are still all over the place post-pregnancy, 13 weeks down the line, and my scalp has become sensitive. I have heard that Aveda, MoP and Bumble & Bumble are good. Can anyone recommend a brand please? My hair is past my shoulders, fine, but there is a lot of it. Thank you!

teta Fri 26-Oct-12 11:51:12

Eucerin shampoo.I use it when i have a severely itchy scalp coused by psoriasis patches.It has urea in which rehydrates and soothes and calms down any irritation.I used Eucerin when i had long fine blond hair and it was fine.

LittleAbruzzenBear Fri 26-Oct-12 12:21:47

Thank you! smile

valiumredhead Fri 26-Oct-12 12:28:32

Shampoos from The Body Shop are excellent ime.

BigFairy Fri 26-Oct-12 17:07:04

I'd go for something SLS free. Liz Earle has a lovely shampoo but a bit pricey. I usually use something from Holland & Barrett - they have a wide choice of SLS free ones so you can see what you fancy. Body Shop is gentle on scalp but I found it didn't leave my hair very nice. I have scalp psoriasis so have to be careful with what I use. Anything with SLS makes me very itchy.

LittleAbruzzenWerewolf Fri 26-Oct-12 18:22:31

I was wondering if it is the sulphates bothering my scalp. Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I will have a look tomorrow.

valiumredhead Fri 26-Oct-12 18:22:39

I was underwhelmed with LE shampoo tbh.

neuroticmumof3 Fri 26-Oct-12 20:33:40

I've got a very sensitive scalp and the only thing that's worked for me is Philip Kingsley Itchy, Flaky scalp shampoo. It is a bit pricey but lasts months. I tried lots of organic sulfate free products but for some strange reason they seemed to irritate my scalp (and hands).

LittleAbruzzenWerewolf Sat 27-Oct-12 05:58:40

I don't know about anybody else, but I find it a pain constantly buying products that don't work, but I guess that's how you find what you need in the end, by trial and error!

Thanks again everyone for suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now