Talk

Advanced search

Jeans for a short arse size 14/16, do they exist?

(8 Posts)
VIX1980 Fri 26-Oct-12 05:51:57

the last pair of jeans i bought were dorothy perkins straight leg, cheapy ones to tide me over while i lost my baby weight. after 1 wash they quickly turned into skinny jeans which i cannot do at all.

Im 5 foot 5, size 14/16 (can close the 14 but have bad muffin top, and the 16 are usually too big and get looser after a few washes). anyone bought any good jeans lately, cant really afford to spend mega bucks but it they are decent ones that will last i'll gladly splash out.

CeeceeBloomingdale Fri 26-Oct-12 07:20:50

Red Herring super skinnies (not so tight as they sound) from Debenhams are cheap, super flattering and come in different lengths.

MrsHelsBels74 Fri 26-Oct-12 07:23:52

If you're a shortarse at 5 ft 5, then what am I at 5ft 0???

Watching with interest though as I'm also 14/16 post baby & have no idea what jeans to wear, I tend to go towards boot cut but wonder if they make my thighs look even bigger?

bagpuss Fri 26-Oct-12 07:33:52

Boden, straight leg, petite are good and fit me well at 5ft 5 and a half (never forget the half wink). They also do boot cut and other shapes I think. I've had fat face straight leg jeans before but they do that dreadful falling down around the arse thing and dh banned me from wearing them!

Oh, I have the wide leg jeans from boden too, my mum said they were very slimming on me (I'm a 14 and wear a 14) although you may find the waist a bit on the tight side if you are between sizes.

VIX1980 Fri 26-Oct-12 07:58:05

I like the look of the boden jeans, just sad theyre not in stock for another 11 weeks sad but they do look like they would last more than 1 wash unlike the dorothy perkins ones, which now have shrunk so much the cotton seams are showing at the sides.

what are the red herring ones like for washing? really cant be bothered spending more money on things that will shrink or fall apart within a few weeks.

Freshbloodletticia Fri 26-Oct-12 08:09:54

I'm like you, 14/16 and 5'3", but big boobs and shoulders hence two sizes.
Fat Face straight jeans with the contour waist (higher at the back than the front) work for me in a 14. They don't fall off your arse at all, whereas the lower cut straights do.
Gap long and lean boot cuts are good but you need a heel to lengthen the leg and not look stumpy.
I find that a heeled boot always helps with straight or bootcut jeans. If i want to wear flats I wear boy-cut so I don't look like a stumpy carrott.

QueenieLovesEels Fri 26-Oct-12 10:39:38

This is what you need in petite length. Muffin banished and they don't drift down. 14 in blue/black and 16 in the black because they have less stretch I would say.

slim leg jeans

These are just the best cut and much more flattering than boot legs on petite frames.

I am normally underwhelmed by Next but have been really impressed by these and a couple of other things.

QueenieLovesEels Fri 26-Oct-12 10:42:57

Mind you you might need regular length. Take you leg measurement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now