Talk

Advanced search

Urgent hellp with subtle Halloween costume for 30 something

(17 Posts)
Valdeeves Thu 25-Oct-12 23:32:44

Got to take my son to my hubbies company family Halloween bash for charity.
Got to wear fancy dress - am 34 and don't know anyone so will probably spend the evening with toddler - (hubbie very involved in event) therefore do not want to look like a nob ( I would also like to look attractive too please.)
Btw - had a baby two months ago - roughly between size ten and twelve with huge breast feeding boobs and wobbley tummy.
Please help ! Got two weeks!!!

Startailoforangeandgold Thu 25-Oct-12 23:37:38

DD1 has an adults sized (12) witches costume, that came from ASDA I think.
Sensible length, sleeves not in the least tarty. Don't know if they have any this year.

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Thu 25-Oct-12 23:43:24

White shirt, stripy tie, black cloak, pointy hat, mad frizzy hair. Dress toddler as ginger cat.

Hermione Granger from Harry Potter

grin

Valdeeves Fri 26-Oct-12 04:29:27

Thanks guys!!

Olivermoliver Fri 26-Oct-12 07:58:49

I helped at DS reception Halloween party yesterday and got a great adult devil type wig from Morrisons. Bright red long hair which I put into 2 plaits and 2 small glitter horns. I just wore it with all black and felt it was enough without feeling sillysmile

Turquoiseblue Fri 26-Oct-12 08:07:11

Just walked past 2 ladies in black leggings black long sleeved top and white gilets with black nose paint and cat ears ..... Quite effective actually but subtle

Valdeeves Fri 26-Oct-12 08:20:34

I was thinking about black dress cat think. Have actually got a red wig from last Halloween. I just look so exhausted its hard to carry much off. Was thinking about buying beige shirt dress and black rucksack buying logos online and making a female ghostbuster costume. The prob is the company members are getting so young these days they prob haven't seen the film - 1987!!!

Valdeeves Fri 26-Oct-12 08:20:59

The female GB costumes online are slutty, slutty, slutty!!! Ha ha

Valdeeves Fri 26-Oct-12 08:23:07

Last year I had this lovely slinky dress with huge pumpkin skirt and orange and black tights. This year my postnatal body would not find that kind!

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Fri 26-Oct-12 09:17:30

I used to work in residential care and could easily pass a 14 hour shift in black trousers/top plus cat ear or devil horn head band. Management often didn't even notice it was that subtle grin

Beaverfeaver Fri 26-Oct-12 12:55:37

I am wearing leopard print cat ears and doing some whiskers in eye make up.
The rest of me will be in skinny black jeans and a black top.

Easy

lljkk Fri 26-Oct-12 13:01:01

Lidl has some adult size costumes for sale. Can't be expensive.

sweetheart Fri 26-Oct-12 13:09:57

Do you have a nice black dress that you feel confident in? Buy a long black wig, do some killer makeup, get a huge bling spider ring and go as morticia Addams? Maybe add some black net for long gothic sleeves

slug Fri 26-Oct-12 14:41:20

Long black dress or long black skirt and top. Pale skin and dark red lips. Straightened hair or, if like me you have what almost amounts to a buzz cut, DD's tutu worn on the head like a veil (I was improvising). Black shoes. Hey Presto...Morticia Addams

Valdeeves Sat 27-Oct-12 05:56:36

I was thinking little black dress ?

Valdeeves Sat 27-Oct-12 05:56:49

Thanks eveyone

HairySpidersInYourUnderwear Sat 27-Oct-12 06:02:16

We go to a party every year and this year I'm going as Medusa. I'm going to curl my hair and put plastic snakes in it, then wear a black velvet shift I have with a drapey piece of sheer metallic fabric wrapped around it like a toga sort of thing and a belt made from a piece of cord. I'm going to do big eye makeup.

I wanted something more comfortable this year and a bit more attractive than usual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now