Talk

Advanced search

Stupid shoe issue - does anyone else get this?

(10 Posts)
SunshineOutdoors Thu 25-Oct-12 20:48:55

Always a dilemma as to which size to get, possibly because I'm between sizes and also have narrow feet, so often what fits in the width is too short. Whichever size I go for I always get home and fret they're too small so should have got the bigger pair or vice versa.

The amount of shoes I've taken back because of this. I now can't spend a lot of money on shoes as I just regret it, and have to shop at places where stuff's reduced, and also where there tends to be only one size available in a style, like tk maxx or outlet shops. Eg I tried to but clark's biker boots but took back both the 4.5 and the 5. Went to outlet today and found a nice leather pair reduced to £30, I think they're a bit too big but they only had that size, I can put insoles in and wear thick socks. If there had been a choice of sizes I'd be worrying now that I should have got the 4 and end up taking them back.

I realise I might sound a bit odd but I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem too? I wish sometimes someone else could wear my shoes for me and tell me if I've made the right decision.

DameFannyGallopsAtaGhost Thu 25-Oct-12 21:07:18

And this is why I mostly wear boots apart from the 3 weeks in summer I wear sandals.

Although my feet are too wide rather than narrow.

Have you tried any Italian labels? They always seen to be cut on an extra skinny last?

YouHaveBeenOutbid Thu 25-Oct-12 21:12:56

I do this! One foot is a 6 and about a quarter, one foot is a 6 and three quarters and I own a whole collection of 6s, 6 1/2s and 7s. None of the buggers fit properly. 7s are usually wider than 6s for some reason. You're not alone!

Hippychickster Fri 26-Oct-12 09:06:51

I do exactly this too!! My feet are 4.5 so I never know whether to get a 4 or 5 and have sometimes kept shoes without wearing them for ages before taking them back, just because I'm not sure.

Clarks do half sizes and Next do some half sizes which fit perfectly, but any others - I panic!!!

germyrabbit Fri 26-Oct-12 09:08:41

i tend to get the smaller sizes as they can usually stretch, and it's very annoying having boots that slip off all the time!

the last two pairs i have got have been a full size down confused

SunshineOutdoors Fri 26-Oct-12 09:09:46

Hooray! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm actually not going to wear my new boots today because I feel they might actually be too big sad I need some new boots and just can't seem to buy any.

Oblomov Fri 26-Oct-12 09:18:23

Oh, I have this. I have everything from a 3.5 - 5. And very wide feet, which makes it all kind of impossible.

Notgoingtotakeitanymore Fri 26-Oct-12 13:14:28

Yep same here. Take a 6 but narrow feet so end up with a 5 for width but then fret that too small. have just taken a pair back as couldn't decide whether they fitted or not. BUying width-fitted shoes takes some of problem away but then can't decide whether I am actually a 7 not a 6. I thought it was just me - how can you not know whether shoes fit?

thenightsky Fri 26-Oct-12 13:17:20

Yep, same. Right foot is a whole half size smaller, sometimes a full size. I end up with two gel heel grips in the right shoe, one on top of the other, to fill the gap angry

I often walk off leaving my right shoe on the pavement!

LittlePandaBear Fri 26-Oct-12 13:18:12

Duo have shoes in different widths. Not tried them myself and not the cheapest place to buy shoes but worth a look if you usually struggle with widths!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now