Talk

Advanced search

Powder with Estee Lauder Double Wear - yay or nay?

(7 Posts)
filetheflightoffancy Thu 25-Oct-12 15:02:37

So having been a One Step Face Base girl for years, I have decided that it is time for a change and am going to buy Double Wear (I only wear make up for going out, dont wear it every day as I am lazy!)

I have a sample in Shell (am pasty!), and today I tried it mixed with a little bit of Mac strobe cream and it looked lovely and glowy - if I was wearing this for every day it would look really nice! However, I feel that without a bit of powder it looks and feels a little bit unfinished for evening wear. I dont know if putting powder on though will ruin the glowy look created by the strobe cream. Unfortunately, having always used osfb I dont have any powder to test out this theory! I know that loose powder looks a bit less cakey, but if I was to get a powder I would prefer pressed as I would want to take it out with me and blot any shiny nose throughout the evening.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Do you need powder with DW? Can anyone recommend any powders that are a bit lighter and dont look quite so cakey, but do give a 'finished' look.

Thanks in advance!

Northumberlandlass Thu 25-Oct-12 16:32:37

I don't wear powder with DW as I like a 'dewy' look. It all stays in place (the wonder of DW) without powder & I don't get a shine.

Strobe Cream is very shiny (I used to mix it with MAC foundation when I wore it), but DW doesn't need it IMO.

NL

roundtable Thu 25-Oct-12 16:48:32

I always get a really shiney nose but double wear is very matt so it took a while to find a powder that wasn't too much.

I use a dusting (with a brush, not the pad it comes with) of Mac blotting powder. It soaks in any excess oil without looking powdery.

scripsi Thu 25-Oct-12 17:02:33

I use DW and would never powder it as it does the job anyway (I used to have to powder after EVERY other foundation I've used by the way). Could you not just use DW without strobe cream on your nose and then put the DW with strobe cream everywhere else?
I like a dewy look but I use DW all over and then just put some liquid highlighter where I need it (top of cheeks etc)

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 25-Oct-12 18:10:19

i dont use powder with double wear either - it does stay put without and i think looks more natural.

i used to use the one step face base too, but i think it started to look a bit chalky on me.

love DW.

EllenParsons Thu 25-Oct-12 19:58:37

I use double wear and don't need powder with it at all. I love it.

filetheflightoffancy Sat 27-Oct-12 13:38:45

Thanks everyone, so it seems that people dont tend to wear powder then. Good tip scripsi about just using the strobe cream in certain areas.

I did have a look on the MAC website at the blotting powder which looks like it could be good, and there is also a colourless 'prep and prime' finishing powder which looks quite good as well, so I might take a trip to the MAC shop next week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now