Talk

Advanced search

Bumhair - what to do?

(58 Posts)
mummymafia Thu 25-Oct-12 13:38:10

OK, I haven't shared this with ANYONE until now. So, now I'm (just) over 40 my pubic hair has started to grow in my bum crack. I know you are all falling over laughing (hope those Tena lights are in place...) but it is causing me some embarrassment. I'm sure DH must have noticed (although I must add we are not into THAT!) & when getting changed at the gym/swimming pool I'm pretty self conscious. It's not that I can comb it neatly over each bum cheek but I know it's there. I can't get it waxed - too embarrassed & would no doubt be way too painful. I've got one of those laser hair removal thingys but I couldn't do it on my own & don't think it would be advised! So please help!! Am I alone? blush

MadameCastafiore Thu 25-Oct-12 13:39:56

Go and get it waxed - it really isnlt that bad - I have everything whipped off and if you find someone who is professional and often older you will feel more comfortable with them whipping it all off - they see loads of bum hair - believe me yours won't be anything new.

Plait it.

fuzzywuzzy Thu 25-Oct-12 13:42:43

If you really want to get it waxed, then go to a waxing place and get it done, do you wax your lady garden as a norm, waxing if done properly doesn't hurt as much as you might think.

I get waxed at the middle of my cycle, my skin is less sensitive then strnagely.

Otherwise embrace it vajazzle your arse hair (sorry)

I can't believe I have this to loo forward to

iWILLdothis Thu 25-Oct-12 13:54:10

Invest in a Philips lumea IPL hair removal system?

fuzzywuzzy Thu 25-Oct-12 13:55:01

iWill can you safely use that on pubic hair?

Northumberlandlass Thu 25-Oct-12 14:02:10

I've always had it.
I get it waxed when I get my bikini done - nee problem.

I have lots of other hairy bits too. One of those things !

mummymafia Thu 25-Oct-12 14:03:07

IWILL - I have one of those, not sure it's ok in the old crack de bum?

Lulabellarama Thu 25-Oct-12 14:04:48

I use an epilator. It hurts like buggery (almost literally) but its free and I can do it at home, alone.

DolomitesDonkey Thu 25-Oct-12 14:06:30

You do realise it's normal right? So you can withdraw your application from the Circus Of Freaks.

DolomitesDonkey Thu 25-Oct-12 14:07:24

Otoh, it is not normal under any circumstances to use an epilator - in the name of all that is holy lulabella what on earth do you think you're doing? Do you tease out your fingernaiils for fun? shock

Lulabellarama Thu 25-Oct-12 14:08:54

I do my bikini line too, including undercarriage. I'm used to it now

Naghoul Thu 25-Oct-12 14:11:39

epilator? <faints>

do you not catch your flaps?

MummysHappyPills Thu 25-Oct-12 14:18:34

I just assumed everyone had arse hair! I have always had it. Why should it just neatly stop at the bum area? I have had a Brazilian a few times and they do it as a matter if course, they have never batted an eyelid.

Word of advice - DO NOT use hair removal cream there. blush

MummysHappyPills Thu 25-Oct-12 14:21:12

I think lulabella was saying that arse hair is normal, not epilating!

I have to agree epilating is from hell, I do my legs and underarms but the idea of doing the old undercarriage makes my eyes water!

I am a bit of a hairy bird though - Mediterranean heritage. smile

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 25-Oct-12 14:24:31

You epilate your arse crack?

<faint>

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 25-Oct-12 14:27:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

espanol Thu 25-Oct-12 14:28:59

It's normal. Your choice is to either learn to live with it (really! I do! My husband still has sex with me! I still look normal! I still have friends!) or get it waxed (did that once! It was easier and less painful to learn to love my arse hair, I tell you).

Whatever you do, don't self-epilate <shudder>

valiumredhead Thu 25-Oct-12 14:32:21

It's completely normal. Wax it if you want but I doubt your dh will notice or care tbh.

DolomitesDonkey Thu 25-Oct-12 15:15:32

Yes, I think you need to ask yourself "how many people will see my hairy arse-crack". Obviously if the numbers run in to double digits then you may wish to explore some topiary, but if like many people, your bumhole remains mostly unviewed and it doesn't trip you up - ignore it.

WitchesTit Thu 25-Oct-12 15:25:55

Oh, bum hair used to bother me (around the time I first heard about anal bleaching). I immac-ed it.

SomewhereInCanada Thu 25-Oct-12 15:35:39

<arf> at Dolomites

CelineMcBean Thu 25-Oct-12 15:36:30

Totally normal. Veet it if it bothers you but avoid your actually arse hole. Dead easy to do by feel because your bum will squish the cream evenly.

PrincessSymbian Thu 25-Oct-12 15:39:36

I use hair removing cream, no chemical burns so far, though it can feel a bit tender for a few hours afterwards.

Skiffen Thu 25-Oct-12 15:41:55

What espanol said.

dolomites I just snorted in public at your post!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now