Talk

Advanced search

Heat Damaged and Colour Treated Hair

(6 Posts)
BerryBlast Thu 25-Oct-12 13:38:05

I colour my hair (semi's) but have heat damaged hair (daily use of Big Hair sad) can anyone recommend what shampoo, conditioners, treatment and styling products I should be using, please.
I know I should ideally have the split ends cut off, but it would make my hair quite short, so I'm having regular trims (every 6 weeks) and just trying to keep the remaining hair in good condition while kind of disguising/taming the damaged hair until it's eventually cut off

Mine is coloured and I use heat on it every day but in good nick smile but only since I started looking after it. I really rate;

- the Aussie "Take the Heat" Shampoo and Conditioner
- A deep conditioning treatment (I use Ojon) once a week
- a leave in conditioner (I like the Charles Worthington one with argan oil)
- argan oil on the ends

Phwooooar Thu 25-Oct-12 14:36:52

I really recommend Philip Kingsley Elasticizer - it's not cheap but it sure does the job. Also Moroccanoil. My hair was like yours sounds and after regular use, it's amazing. Cutting the ends off is essential though.

It's interesting Phwoooar I could not get decent results with the PK elasticiser even though it has rave reviews on here.

BerryBlast Thu 25-Oct-12 18:38:33

Thanks for the replies - I think part of my problem is my age as well, I'm 48 and peri menopausal so really I can't get away the treating my hair the same way as I did a few years ago sad
miss do you use the leave in conditioner and argan oil as well as the aussie conditioner?

Yes I do Berry - I'm 41 and noticed my hair getting more brittle a couple of years ago. The CW conditioner doesn't leave it sticky and then just argan oil on the ends.

The Aussie stuff does protect it very well - it made a difference from the first time I used it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now