Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone have a pre wedding skincare regime?

(4 Posts)
WeightyKaty Thu 25-Oct-12 13:12:26

Is it worth doing? I have normal to dryish skin and luckily don't get spots.
I may have a facial once a year from groupon but don't do an awful lot apart from cleanse, moisturise and use serum when I remember. Any advice would be great!

espanol Thu 25-Oct-12 14:45:12

Yes. And Yes! Everybody still comments on how amazing my skin looked on my wedding day and I do look fantastic in the photos.

I did monthly 60 minute Dermalogica facials for around 5 months before the wedding, and was very good at cleansing and moisturising at home too. Then a few days before the wedding I had an Elemis Visible Brilliance facial (my local spa did these two types of Facial, and she recommended this rather than another Dermalogica for my last one).

I really did look fantastic, flawless bright skin. I was so pleased that I bothered to do this. In fact, 5 years and 2 kids on, I have just started a monthly Dermalogica habit again as it makes such a difference to my face.

espanol Thu 25-Oct-12 14:46:39

Actually they might have been 6 weekly rather than monthly: I probably had 4 before the wedding and then the Elemis one too. I'm sure being really good at home helped, but I think a few professional facials makes a huge difference.

lashingsofbingeinghere Thu 25-Oct-12 17:05:37

I gave up alcohol for the two weeks beforehand, had lots of early nights and then had a facial (Clarins iirc) about five days beforehand. I think it made a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now