Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a more affordable version of this please

(16 Posts)
JuliaFlyte Thu 25-Oct-12 11:53:26

We have a wedding anniversary coming up, and generally don't make a fuss, indeed some years it goes completely unnoticed, but this year dh remembered (nothing to do with my constant reminders) and has offered to buy me something shock

I love this necklace, really love it, but am reluctant to click as I know there must be something similar out there for less. Given that we have the rather expensive C season rapidly approaching I'd feel bit guilty buying it, although I'm sure that feeling would pass grin

valiumredhead Thu 25-Oct-12 12:15:54

Urghhhh but it looks like it's broken and someone has mended it with a skipping rope!!

Sorry grin I'm sure someone with better taste than me will be along in a mo to help!

JuliaFlyte Thu 25-Oct-12 12:18:24

I know Valium it is a bit marmite, but there is just something about it that I love!

SavoyCabbage Thu 25-Oct-12 12:19:57

I had to look at it after Valium's cracking description!

Could you get a brooch and skipping rope some string and fashion one yourself for a lot less?

dexter73 Thu 25-Oct-12 12:27:07

I just had a look at QVC as they do a lot of similar stuff (Diamonique, Butler & Wilson) but I couldn't find anything with a cord necklace. If you love it then I think you should get it.

JuliaFlyte Thu 25-Oct-12 13:56:19

Dexter I am so tempted, but I think Savoy is right, I am on the brooch search now!

Now what will I get from dh?

dexter73 Thu 25-Oct-12 14:22:14

I thought I had seen your necklace before - just been searching through old blogs and here it is (well very similar!).

crazybutterflylady Thu 25-Oct-12 14:25:42

Buy it as an early present for your new DC to thank you for bringing him/her into the world :D

when you tire of it the bambino can use it as a skipping rope, voila, dual purpose

crazybutterflylady Thu 25-Oct-12 14:27:38

You know, the thong bit looks like the rope you used to get on sunglasses/money pot things in the 80s. I'm sure you could fashion something similar yourself. Do butler & Wilson have any similar brooches?

stainesmassif Thu 25-Oct-12 14:31:32

I like it but I think a cheaper version would definitely look cheap. If you REALLY love it (and don't love a new £200 piece of jewellery every week) get that one.

JuliaFlyte Thu 25-Oct-12 15:46:44

See it looks great on mrscb doesn't it?

heroutdoors Thu 25-Oct-12 16:19:47

Don't listen to the aboves.

That is stunning!

dexter73 Thu 25-Oct-12 16:22:57

She wears it well doesn't she? It also looks good dressed down. I think you should get it (go on, go on!!!)grin!

valiumredhead Thu 25-Oct-12 17:18:00

But it's not stunning confused it looks really cheap imo!

It only looks good in that link because it's out of focus!

<runs very fast from the thread!>

MrsWolowitz Thu 25-Oct-12 17:31:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

valiumredhead Thu 25-Oct-12 17:36:54

I agree - honestly don't listen to me, if you love it and think you will wear it loads then get it and enjoy! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now