Talk

Advanced search

long sleeved tops?

(11 Posts)
STBBilly Wed 24-Oct-12 22:06:42

i want a few long sleeved, longer body tops, looking for a few lightweight comfy jumper type ones, and some cotton t shirt type things, to wear under cardis etc.
any idea where to look?

Loveleopardprint Wed 24-Oct-12 22:19:31

Uniqlo had every style of top imaginable in there today.

dexter73 Wed 24-Oct-12 22:26:45

A recent thread on this had the following recommendations - H&M, Primark, Uniqlo, Kettlewell, Gap and Boden.

lljkk Thu 25-Oct-12 12:41:58

Can you link to the previous thread?
I hate shopping. I need high street suggestions so I can grit my teeth & not faff around wondering if online purchase will fit well and get this over with.
Must be full long sleeves, not too deep a neckline, I'm looking for warmth.

I had a look at Uniqlo, Boden & Kettlewell sites. Their regular tops aren't long enough & the "tunics" aren't close fitting enough for my liking. Or they only come in Plaid (Kettlewell), or with twee collars (Boden), or don't state what the material is. Basically, I want something warm and mostly cotton (not acrylic) but not heavy like a jumper!

I want something that fits like this just 4-8" longer.

Gap & H&M don't seem to have any tunics in their online shops. confused

I will double check in Gap shop itself, but I have a feeling that their guidance "hits just below the hips" will still be a few inches above my hips (long waist). Especially after it's been washed a few times & shrinks.

I wondered about something like this, but A) Expensive & B) I don't like the colours!

Plopsicle Thu 25-Oct-12 12:53:21

I've got these ones from Oasis in a few different colours, they are nice and long with a bit of stretch to them. They wash and wear really well too.
www.oasis-stores.com///oasis/fcp-product/3190333202#GBP

JellyMould Thu 25-Oct-12 12:54:46

Lands end (online)

lljkk Thu 25-Oct-12 13:04:43

I just looked at Lands End online but can't find anything that looks right. Can you please humour my ineptness and give a link, JellyMould?

Plopsicle Can you tell me the measurement from shoulder to hem of your shirt in cm, what size did you buy? I'm finding the Oasis site a devil, I type in "long sleeve" and it comes up with 1/2 sleeve items. angry

lljkk Thu 25-Oct-12 13:08:16

In Charity shop I bought today a shirt that is mostly what I want & it's 61cm from shoulder to bottom hem. But only 2/3 sleeve.

My more typical shirts hang 54 cm, 7 cm below my belly button but still 7cm above my hips.

BikeRunSki Thu 25-Oct-12 14:06:27

Very have some long body "tall" long sleeved t shirt tops in their South range on the website. Otherwise, I seem.to collect the Boden Hampton T, because it is 24" long.

BikeRunSki Thu 25-Oct-12 14:07:24

24" is 60 cm.

Plopsicle Thu 25-Oct-12 14:13:24

If you type in 'curve neck' in the search box it brings up all the different colours and patterns.

I'm a large size 12 and buy Medium. I'm at work at moment but will measure tonight when I get in, as a guide though I am 5 foot 8 and they come about half way down my bum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now