Talk

Advanced search

Warm winter coat for dh?

(9 Posts)
moonstorm Wed 24-Oct-12 21:09:39

Same requirements as for the women's winter coat. Dh hates shopping and I am fed up of seeing him cold in light jackets! Ant suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dawndonna Wed 24-Oct-12 21:15:53

Got this for dh recently. Warm, soft, comfortable and he looks really rather good in it! grin

moonstorm Wed 24-Oct-12 21:27:38

That looks lovely! He is after something more for outdoor wear (not work - he spends so much time in buildings that he doesn't need anything warmer - hence not having a warm coat!). Thanks for the suggestion smile

moonstorm Wed 24-Oct-12 22:51:03

bump grin

drcrab Wed 24-Oct-12 22:52:08

Got some in m&s on the weekend. Thought quite a few of them looked really nice!!

Dollydowser Wed 24-Oct-12 23:25:53

I bought my DH one from Land's End outlet, warm and waterproof.

tak1ngchances Thu 25-Oct-12 09:38:24

We got two amazing coats for DH in TK Maxx last weekend. He absolutely hates the place but I knew they had good menswear in.
He got a Ralph Lauren wax jacket, v warm & practical, that is currently on sale in J Lewis for £385 for £99.99, and a wool & cashmere pea coat from a brand I hadn't heard of (feraud) down from £349 to £99.99.
So that was over 700 quid worth of coats for 200.... And he looks very handsome in them too! grin

Whenisitmysleepytime Thu 25-Oct-12 13:15:31

Dh has this craghoppers one.

It doesn't look 'technical' -much like the merrell ones on the women's thread. He says it is super warm!

It does look v nice! smile

moonstorm Thu 25-Oct-12 17:11:55

I ordered a Lands' End one in the End. One of the 'squall' variety and it reckons it's warm. We'll have to see tomorrow... I hope it fits now! He needs it for the weekend. I didn't see the craghoppers one until too late, but that is also the sort of thing. I got a next day delivery, so will be waiting inn tomorrow. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now