Talk

Advanced search

What colour shoes do you wear with grey trousers?

(19 Posts)
sweetheart Wed 24-Oct-12 15:40:59

I have a couple of grey work trousers and I'm never sure what to wear with them. I'm not keen on black shoes, I own 2 emergency pairs and although i know black and grey probably go really well together i hardly ever wear black tops. Brown shoes just seem wrong with grey to me - are they?

Tops I would wear with them would probably be either cream, blush pink, another shade of grey or possibly navy blue.

polyhymnia Wed 24-Oct-12 15:46:52

Black would certainly work. As would a nice berry shade.

HappyHalloweenMotherFucker Wed 24-Oct-12 15:48:45

navy and grey is good

foxyhen Wed 24-Oct-12 15:52:30

Navy blue flats with a blue top? Or a black top and completely different colour shoes - perhaps a red flat? I find grey trousers very difficult too.

oliviafrombolivia Wed 24-Oct-12 15:55:41

Have seen grey trousers/grey wooly tights styled with tan, I think it is a surprisingly nice combination.

Steth Wed 24-Oct-12 15:58:02

Why don't you just bin the grey trousers if they are giving you so much grief trying to match shoes /tops

vintageviolets Wed 24-Oct-12 16:02:15

Red?

sweetheart Wed 24-Oct-12 16:14:46

I find it quite difficult to find work trousers, I don't really wear black and as a pear shape I need to wear darker colours on the bottom. I tend to favour Navy blue as my black.

I guess shoes I'm probably ok with it's more in the winter I struggle when I'm in boots as I only own brown boots really - although I do have a black ememrgency pair that hardly ever get worn.

Berry is my fav colour this winter, perhaps I'll have to see if I can get berry boots - or would they be disgusting?

Celticlassie Wed 24-Oct-12 16:47:08

I wore dark green today, if that helps.

DolomitesDonkey Wed 24-Oct-12 16:54:37

Last time I wore grey trousers I wore them with a deep red patent heel.

MissBoPeep Wed 24-Oct-12 17:14:10

Brown is actually THE colour to wear with grey. men who wear grey suits should always wear brown shoes not black.

Trinny and Susannah wrote about the grey- brown combo in one of their style bibles smile

TooMuchRain Wed 24-Oct-12 19:59:50

Red at the moment (but wore a grey winter coat with brown shoes today and though that combination was ok too)

PandaG Wed 24-Oct-12 20:02:28

pink.

HerBigChance Wed 24-Oct-12 20:03:23

Dark red.

Sleepthief Wed 24-Oct-12 21:15:03

Tomorrow I will be wearing my bright red supergas with my dark grey chinos (I have just decided because of this thread). But tan could work, or a different shade of grey. TBH I'd say black was the bottom of a long list of possible.

GoodnightNobody Wed 24-Oct-12 21:20:07

Red

Or cream pumps.

hugoagogo Wed 24-Oct-12 21:36:39

Grey is easy black, brown, navy, purple, green, teal, red are all good.
Nearly all my work trousers are grey. <boring>

toboldlygo Wed 24-Oct-12 22:30:33

I only wear grey or brown trousers, or tweedy versions thereof, for work (symptom of being a waitress/bar staff for years and being forced to wear top to toe black) and wear them with brown shoes. Especially tan brogues, with which I am in love.

sweetheart Thu 25-Oct-12 10:02:39

ok, looks like I'm going to have to get over my fear of grey trousers with brown shoes grin I have tan boots so that sounds like the way to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now