Talk

Advanced search

Black or brown

(7 Posts)
Theala Wed 24-Oct-12 14:54:18

Hello,
I have a quandary that I'm hoping you can help me with. I've just bought this leather biker jacket in black. The material, fit and colour are all great (it's a lot less shiny and plastic than it looks in the photos) and it seems to slim down my silhouette but... I don't think the black actually suits me. It looks a bit harsh and draining.

I'm now considering buying it in the camel, as I think that colour might suit me better, but a lot more of my winter wardrobe seems to be black/grey/dark green and I bought a pair of new boots in black last month, and can't afford to buy different coloured ones.

So now I don't know what to do. Should I exchange the jacket for the camel, keep the black and buy a bright scarf, or just give the whole thing up a bad idea and go back to my cardies and converse?

valiumredhead Wed 24-Oct-12 14:59:48

I always prefer brown leather - black always looks very harsh imo. Brown leather ages better too imo.

Theala Wed 24-Oct-12 15:08:43

Hmm, I think you might be right. COuld I wear a brown leather jacket with skinny jeans and black boots, though, or would that just look weird?

valiumredhead Wed 24-Oct-12 20:49:37

I would but not the other way around - have no idea if it's 'right' or not, I have no business being on S and B really! grin

PoppyScarer Wed 24-Oct-12 20:52:59

What valiumredhead said. Brown so much less harsh.

Sleepthief Wed 24-Oct-12 21:20:24

I think black leather jacket and black leather boots can really look a bit weird rocker/ biker matchy-matchy. Mix it up I say!

Theala Wed 24-Oct-12 21:25:06

Ha! I have just sent back the black jacket and ordered the brown one instead (I did look a bit biker chick with all black). Thanks ladies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now