Talk

Advanced search

Do you finish your make up & skin care products?

(5 Posts)
GingerLemonTea Wed 24-Oct-12 11:15:03

Over the years I seem to have bought so many lipsticks, glosses, body lotion, eye make up etc. A few things I love & would buy again but most of it is just ok or doesn't suit. I know it has a shelf life once opened but I hate waste or throwing it out.
A few things have been ebayed, stuff that's more expensive & opened recently or unopened bits & pieces.
On mat leave & money is tighter so trying to use up everything before I buy new but at this rate I won't be buying new stuff until I'm about 80!
I have some stuff that's years old but can't chuck it!
Would you just bin or give away if it didn't make the best of you?

GingerLemonTea Wed 24-Oct-12 11:17:09

Oh & about 50 nail polishes which I'm trying to reduce!

dexter73 Wed 24-Oct-12 11:20:04

I use all my body lotions and other stuff. I tend to buy on a one in-one out basis so don't end up stockpiling creams, perfumes, serums etc. If it is years old and you aren't going to use it I would just bin it all.

specialmagiclady Wed 24-Oct-12 11:20:37

If it's years old, it may not suit you any more. My skin has changed a lot in the last 10 years, not to mention trends etc.

Why don't you dedicate an evening to having a fun makeover where you try everything on and get rid of stuff you don't like/doesn't suit you.

I think women's refuges or Christmas box schemes might like some of the less-used stuff.

GingerLemonTea Wed 24-Oct-12 11:52:40

Maybe I'm just a hoarder, I have so many clothes but hardly wear any of them. Some are too small. Maybe I just need to buy better in the future. Feel like I need a makeover!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now