Talk

Advanced search

Mahoosive spot

(10 Posts)
Flumpyflumps Tue 23-Oct-12 22:25:02

Naturally I have an important meeting tomorrow and need to look half decent.
Any suggestions? Will be passing boots so can purchase cream, concealer, paper bag or similar.
Serves me right for laughing at don't tell the bride, karma!

JennyPiccolo Tue 23-Oct-12 22:25:37

Sudocreme overnight usually takes the redness out.

Flumpyflumps Tue 23-Oct-12 22:34:56

I actually haven't get any sudocrem, I scraped the last out the tub today and it went in the bin!! Can you believe it, look like have second head brewing.

FreePeaceSweet Tue 23-Oct-12 23:44:59

A few weeks ago I was a bridesmaid for my friend. As luck would have it I developed a big spot next to my mouth the day before the wedding. Luckily the woman hired to do our make-up was well prepared and pierced a liquid Anadin and dabbed it on my spot and let it dry. The redness went within 20 mins, soreness within an hour and the swelling as the day went on. The next day it had gone. I was amazed and have told everyone since. grin Its weird. I wouldn't dream of taking anything more expensive than a 50p pack of supermarket own brand tablets when in pain but will now happily smear a £4 pack of top brand paracetamol over my face.

cerealqueen Tue 23-Oct-12 23:50:27

I have read this about Asprin, and that people give themselves an Asprin face pack! it contains salicylate acid, which is also in many spot creams.

BerthaKitt Tue 23-Oct-12 23:55:42

Squeeze! It's your only hope honestly. Then report back with the details.

Flumpyflumps Wed 24-Oct-12 09:41:11

Spot has morphed into mega takIng over world spot. Even touching is sore so no chance of squeezing.
Just done aspirin thing, any concealer I need to purchase since I'm standing in boots?
Anything that can help make me look like I've just the one head?

Curtsey Wed 24-Oct-12 09:52:07

Try the tiniest dab of Burt's Bees Diaper Ointment (yes, really). It's very white, but if you use it sparingly it'll take the angry out of the spot. Not sure that it'll shrink it as much but it certainly won't hurt and you won't have a beacon on your face.

Curtsey Wed 24-Oct-12 09:53:33

PS Oh obviously that Burt's Bees trick will only work if you have white skin! Should have said. Otherwise I think ye olde Rimmel concealers are alright as a quick fix?

BerthaKitt Wed 24-Oct-12 09:55:53

Rimmel Hide The Blemish concealer works well for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now