Talk

Advanced search

Cosmetic surgery advice needed.

(18 Posts)
NewFaceNeeded Tue 23-Oct-12 21:58:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissBoPeep Tue 23-Oct-12 22:31:36

No personal experience- sorry- but have a friend who had a boob job done by Alex ( not Anthony) Karidis. She found him a bit more expensive- but my feeling is he is really a boob/body man rather than facial surgery. She was very pleased with her results.

I hope you get some replies here- there are some good surgeons around and my feeling is that some of the more " non celebrity" drs are better- the ones who rebuild faces after terrirble accidents or birth defects.

The Tatler magazine did a 250 best drs guide which I think you can find online- might narrow down your search.

NewFaceNeeded Tue 23-Oct-12 22:49:51

sansucre Tue 23-Oct-12 22:56:43

Are you going with both those surgeons because they're featured on tv a lot? If this is the case, this doesn't necessarily mean they're the best, indeed, I've heard Stannek isn't, so would read through what Tatler has to say (it's an excellent list) and make an appointment to see a few and take it from there.

Am sure you know this but your consultation should be with the surgeon themselves, and there shouldn't be a charge.

NewFaceNeeded Tue 23-Oct-12 23:42:02

PerryCombover Wed 24-Oct-12 00:10:55

Three friends of mine have had nose jobs .
I will warn that one got exactly what she wanted and the other two didn't feel there was a big enough difference to have war rented the surgery. Both then had further work done but still were unhappy.
There results were still good to uninvolved onlookers.
I think that I have to accept that there is an ideal picture in your mind that might not be possible. Also what you picture as your ideal may be different than what the surgeon sees although you may feel you're in agreement.
Good luck but really hammer out the results

NewFaceNeeded Wed 24-Oct-12 00:30:20

NewFaceNeeded Wed 24-Oct-12 00:31:01

PerryCombover Wed 24-Oct-12 00:59:41

Sorry about my mental spelling. Autocorrect.
I think if you know what you are doing then def go ahead. Can make a world of difference to how you feel

sansucre Wed 24-Oct-12 10:21:00

I'm going to stand by my original comment about Stanek as there have been several articles about him and they're not positive. I also think this is why he's not on tv so much anymore either.

As for your wonderings about how a nose job will affect your face, of course it will, any good surgeon will be able to demonstrate this. Jennifer Grey is a good example of how much rhinoplasty can alter ones appearance, she just had her bridge filed down and it altered her face irrevocably.

Good luck with everything and definitely talk to your GP as they should be able to recommend someone smile

tak1ngchances Wed 24-Oct-12 10:40:59

I know it's not really relevant but I preferred Jennifer Grey's nose before as it had so much character. I find her very bland now. I wish she had kept a little bit of its shape.
OP I know you are desperately unhappy with your nose, best of luck with your surgery. I hope you find an amazing surgeon.

TiredMule Wed 24-Oct-12 11:17:54

Wow-I just looked at those before and after photos! I'd love to have it done, but just looked at the price list, for £10000 I can't see it happening sad

CackleMeIAmYours Wed 24-Oct-12 11:46:59

I've had a rhinoplasty combined with a chin implant - it was hands down the best thing I ever did.

It has changed the whole look of my face (excuse the smugness) but I look a lot younger, prettier and more cheerful now. I also feel a lot better about aging than I did before on the basis that I look substantially better now that I did 'au naturel' 10 years ago.

Norman Waterhouse (former president of BAAPS) did mine - I'd be happy to share before/after pics if you'd like to PM me.

Nancy66 Wed 24-Oct-12 12:27:40

Bryan Mayou is also a good 'nose man' - lots of celebs go to him.
He doesn't have a particularly high profile because he doesn't do TV.

OneHandFlapping Wed 24-Oct-12 13:12:44

I think a lot of the change in those before and after pictures is due to much more flattering lighting in the after pictures.

I also think that the woman in the photos has gone from looking both attractive and characterful to unmemorably pretty.

OP you've had boobs and tunmmy done, and now you want your nose done. That's an awful lot of surgery. Do you dislike yourself that much?

NewFaceNeeded Wed 24-Oct-12 14:02:39

MissBoPeep Wed 24-Oct-12 14:35:18

Onehand I think judgy comments are out of place. You could ask the same of anyone who uses hair dye, make up or has their bits waxed. Maybe not so drastic but the principle's the same . No one can help having big boobs and they can be very uncomfortable to live with- giving back ache and other problems.

OP I think you need to shop around- websites like Dr Foster used to list drs and give links to their websites.

NewFaceNeeded Wed 24-Oct-12 23:03:54

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now