Talk

Advanced search

So, I buckled and ordered Ruby Woo. Will I be disappointed?

(19 Posts)
notMarlene Tue 23-Oct-12 20:53:27

Can get MAC over the counter (as it were) here. Have I done A Silly Thing or will it be fabulous?

notMarlene Tue 23-Oct-12 20:53:53

Can't get MAC... hmm

BunnyLeBOOwski Tue 23-Oct-12 20:56:17

It's fabulous. A true retro red. Lovely and matte.

I really don't think you'll be disappointed.

MsArseBiscuit Tue 23-Oct-12 20:59:38

No, it's gorgeous, a beautiful red.

MooMinCow Tue 23-Oct-12 21:01:46

Nice colour but left my lips as dry as the Sahara... Invest in a good lipbalm/lip primer!

notMarlene Tue 23-Oct-12 21:01:51

grin Oooh. quite happy to trust your judgement bunny. Feels like quite an investment to me, am a bit <wibble> now it's done.

notMarlene Tue 23-Oct-12 21:04:30

X posts

Excellent! Aware of the dryness issues with it but if the colur is a good as they say I can live with that. using Maybelline 24 hours thingums ATM, great colour but the way it wears off is pissing me right off.

crazybutterflylady Tue 23-Oct-12 21:06:31

It's my fave! You'll love it.

notMarlene Tue 23-Oct-12 21:07:03

Have good lipbalm(s) but am a stranger to lip primer, could you enlighten me? Possibly?

notMarlene Tue 23-Oct-12 21:08:10

And, how are you lot applying it and how long betwnn top ups (ish)? If you'd be so kind.

MooMinCow Tue 23-Oct-12 21:16:37

I use MAC Prep & Prime lip under all strong colour lipstick. It's moisturising, but a bit waxy so colour glides on smoothly. Or line and colour in the lips with red lipliner then apply RW on top - should last a good 3-4 hours depending what you are doing/eating. RW does stain the lips well so you should need minimal top ups. I now use MAC Red or Revlon Fire and Ice as I prefer a more satin finish.

HyvaPaiva Tue 23-Oct-12 21:38:22

It's gorgeous and perfectly vintage but far too drying for me. I find Chanel's rouge allure/coco/velvet collections have that vibrant pigment staying power without the dry feel. However! With the right primer, RW is all the red you'll ever need. Fab choice smile

Popcornia Tue 23-Oct-12 23:16:51

It's a gorgeous lipstick. Follow these application instructions. You won't be disappointed. smile

notMarlene Wed 24-Oct-12 07:01:53

Thank you! That's a great tutorial - lippy should arrive late this afternoon I'll report back...

notMarlene Wed 24-Oct-12 16:08:08

Hmm, well, I adore the colour and particularly the finish grin

It's not as dry or drying as I'd expected BUT I'm skeptical about its staying power - it's transferring all over the place and just speaking made it go cracky/gapy and patchy hmm I applied as per the tutorial above and I'm hoping my lips were just too well moisturized. Maybe it's just 'cause I'm not used to workig with real lippy.

I was amazed to see it's within a gnats whisker of being exactly the same shade as what I've been wearing, although the effect is different, ever so much so. It somehow manages to be more subtle and natural looking. I like it a lot but I'm not blown away, or maybe I am. Depends if I can get it to stay put.

notMarlene Wed 24-Oct-12 16:34:06

Ah Ha. Stripped it all off and reapplied without mosturising in advance - MUCH better <massive sigh of relief>. Not transferring any more.

I wonder if my lip brush was still slightly damp, it certainly wasn't saturated enough...

notMarlene Thu 25-Oct-12 16:31:45

<swoon> had a bit more practice and now I'm utterly in love thanks

Popcornia Thu 25-Oct-12 20:19:26

grin

notMarlene Fri 26-Oct-12 17:53:55

Well, try as I might I can't get it to stain my lips confused Any tips?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now