Talk

Advanced search

What's the catch with Primark £7 skinny jeans?

(24 Posts)
SunshineOutdoors Tue 23-Oct-12 20:52:27

Am I going to get baggy knees?

Maraki Tue 23-Oct-12 20:55:29

No catch. They are fabulous, although I would have liked them a bit higher on the waist. Enjoy your bargain!

Lulabellarama Tue 23-Oct-12 20:57:38

None, my pale blue ones got worn a lot over the summer!

SunshineOutdoors Tue 23-Oct-12 20:59:01

Hmmm, thinking I should go back and purchase more now grin

Hermionewastherealhero Tue 23-Oct-12 21:00:00

I am going to say the sizes are small (but that is because I bought some in my normal size 3 weeks after having a baby and couldn't get them past mid thigh and haven't got the courage up to try them again 4 weeks later!)

MikeLitorisBites Tue 23-Oct-12 21:00:05

I find the zips don't last long, but I do have a huge belly.

They keep their shape really well.

The £11 coloured super soft skinnies are amazing! They have a slightly higher waist than the jeans.

lovethesun1 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:00:57

None,I have them in blue & black. They wash well & are still going over a yr since purchase. Enjoy your bargain!

izzysmydog Tue 23-Oct-12 21:02:18

Have just bought three different coloured £11 skinnies after seeing them on allwornout blog and so far no catch at all! Very comfy and soft. Did buy some of the £7 ones too in dark denim but had to return as for some reason these were different sizing and too tight round my runners ( or fat!) calves

lovethesun1 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:04:19

Oooh & yes to the supersofts too. Im struggling to stretch those in the same way as my skinnies though (15wks preg). I still start the day in my old faithful skinnies but by lunch I'm in my yoga bottoms! Supersofts have been packed away tho!

SunshineOutdoors Tue 23-Oct-12 21:07:06

Hooray, I'm off on a rare night out on Saturday, going to a nightclub even though having dd has made me feel ridiculously out of touch for that sort of thing. Primark outfit totalling £11 (skinnies and black vest) meant I could afford bargainous £30 ash wedges in tkmaxx, which have managed to make me feel trendy enough to go clubbing.
<lets self down with use of the word trendy>

MorrisZapp Tue 23-Oct-12 21:07:07

Ooh do tell? I've never even looked at jeans in Primark as I'm a solid 14 and hate low waisted jeans.

Are they actually ok? Any size 14s out there got them? Presume you have to size up?

SunshineOutdoors Tue 23-Oct-12 21:08:11

Supersofts I wanted but they didn't have any in my size sad Saved myself £4 though grin

QueefLatina Tue 23-Oct-12 21:10:41

Do they do the coloured supersofts in a short length? They were all regular length when I looked.

Maraki Tue 23-Oct-12 21:13:53

MorrisZap they go up to size 20 or 22 and I had to size down (?!)

TeaTeaLotsOfTea Tue 23-Oct-12 21:16:35

you've all convinced me to try these. I loved their jeggings till they changed them and they never fit me around the waist and if I get a smaller size they're too tight for my thighs.

Their skinny jeans here I come.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Tue 23-Oct-12 21:21:19

Ooohhh adds Primark to list of things to do on next day off.

onyx72 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:25:06

The zips on the £11 supersoft skinnies don't stay up particularly well. The fit is too hit and miss for me; don't assume that because you are a particular size in the blue ones that you will be the same size in the other colours.

faustina Tue 23-Oct-12 21:26:14

the supersoft skinnies do come in a short (not that short tbh). I got a second pair of black ones a couple of weeks ago. The first pair is fading quite a lot already - not in a good way, but they are EXTREMELY lovely - I think the sizing is quite large actually.

faustina Tue 23-Oct-12 21:27:04

oh yes - the zip is a bit troublesome, I agree - but otherwise lovely!

kaumana Tue 23-Oct-12 21:59:50

I have 3 pairs of the supersoft skinny jeans in different colours and the fit is slightly different in each. The zip is a bit loose but as I tend to wear crotch length tops its not too much of a bother.

MaureenCognito Wed 24-Oct-12 01:25:17

Shrink. In length.

EllenParsons Wed 24-Oct-12 03:25:01

I think the sizing of them is pretty generous. Don't think you'd need to size up. I have the £11 super soft ones in black and blue and they have kept their shape well so far for me, no baggy knees. They can fall down a bit at the waist though occasionally.

SoulTrain Wed 24-Oct-12 09:27:55

I am a big fan of their £11 straight leg. Need a belt but other than that are fab can't face the skinnies as have thighs the size of Antarctic

MadAboutHotChoc Wed 24-Oct-12 09:57:15

The supersofts are fab esp for only £11 - as these come up high, do not go baggy etc BUT their waists are a bit generous and I have to wear a belt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now