Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bored with hair colour......recommendations please!

(3 Posts)
idobelieveinfairies Tue 23-Oct-12 19:00:23

I have brown hair.....and want to go darker brown. I would love to have black hair but know it wouldn't suit me!

What lovely brown colours do you use??!! And what makes are best/easy to use?
It should suit me going darker as I have brown hair already won't it?? Last time I dyed my hair was with sun-in 25 years ago! (And it turned out amazingly well) ;)

Dollydowser Tue 23-Oct-12 21:33:33

Depends on your age and skin tone, very dark hair can be very ageing and look obviously dyed. But done well it can look shiny and glossy. I would aim to go one shade darker than your natural colour and see how you like it. If you are not aiming to cover grey, a semi permanent be best.

HaveAGoodDay Wed 24-Oct-12 11:47:52

I've just coloured my hair with Nice & Easy Medium Chestnut Brown & it's come out a quite a rich, medium/dark brown with a slight reddish hue to it. My hair was quite auburny to begin with but it hasn't resulted in that 'look I've dyed my hair red' look which I wanted to avoid! Nice & Easy always leave my hair soft & silky too. Depending how dark a brown your hair is to begin with, they also do a Dark Chestnut Brown too, if you fancy going for a reddish hue. These are permanent colours. If you would rather opt for a semi, their Medium Golden Brown (washes out in 24 washes) is quite nice too. It's worth remembering that box dyes can have a tendency to come out too dark sometimes so if you are undecided between two colours, opt for the lighter shade!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now