Talk

Advanced search

What might look good on me? Broad shoulders, flat chest

(10 Posts)
naturelover Tue 23-Oct-12 16:09:15

I'm tall and slim but feel self-conscious about my broad shoulders and flat chest - tiny boobs for my frame sad

What might suit my shape?

Thanks

jan2013 Tue 23-Oct-12 16:15:00

im similar to you shape - there is a silky cowl neck sleeveless top in river island at the min which looks fab on maybe you should try it

NotAnIdiotHonest Tue 23-Oct-12 16:25:57

I'm a similar shape to you (but only average height). Are your shoulders broader than your hips? If that's the case, avoid puffed sleeves and anything with details on the shoulders. I like wearing things that give me more volume on the bottom half, to balance me out, like tulip shaped dresses and skirts, or things with pleats and details on the bottom half.

And I think being flat-chested looks cool and elegant smile

middleagedspread Tue 23-Oct-12 16:28:18

Me too, look awful in halter necks or strapless.
I console myself that I'm one the few people that can wear roll necks or slash necks.

NotAnIdiotHonest Tue 23-Oct-12 16:39:38

Ah yes, roll necks look very elegant on our shape and there are lots of them about at the moment. A simple roll neck plus something more detailed on the bottom half - ankle skimming, patterned trousers if you're feeling brave, or a flarey skirt.

naturelover Tue 23-Oct-12 20:24:55

jan 2013 is the sleeveless top suitable for wearing a layering top underneath? I'm think my arms would freeze otherwise!

Can any of you link to a suitable roll-neck? Chunky or slim? I haven't been to the shops in ages, I don't know what's even available these days.

Thanks

CuttedUpPear Tue 23-Oct-12 20:31:28

I'm that shape too. halter necks and strapless make me look ridiculous.
I wear a lot of low scoop necked tshirts. I don't know how but they even things out.

CuttedUpPear Tue 23-Oct-12 20:32:19

h&m are good for the long sleeved tshirts I mentioned.

issimma Wed 24-Oct-12 10:42:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

higgle Wed 24-Oct-12 11:06:39

Cap or very short sleeves are out because they add to the width. Although I am this shape halter necklines suit me as I have nice ( though square) shoulders. I have a couple of Pepperberry dresses which might sound odd for someone flatchested but the width of my shoulders and rib cage fill them up and as the frontages are constructed not to show much anyway the overall effect is m;odst and flattering. v necks with draping look good, the bulk of the fabric adds to your assets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now