Talk

Advanced search

I don't understand trouser belts

(11 Posts)
MissPerception Tue 23-Oct-12 15:19:32

Why do so many people wear trousers/jeans/shorts without belts? I did when I was an impoverished student however

Victoria Beckham without a belt

I see this SO often. Am I missing something. I think it looks unfinished/awful/cheap

Trills Tue 23-Oct-12 15:21:09

Because they don't need belts?

yellowbottle Tue 23-Oct-12 15:22:41

I'm an Apple shape. They advise against wearing belts as they add bulk just where it is not needed. However, my belt loops are never exposed if that makes sense.

overmydeadbody Tue 23-Oct-12 15:24:27

Really? shock

Most trousers/jeans/shorts don't need a belt because they fit properly. A belt keeps things up if they're a bit big.

I don't tuck things into my trousersd/jeans/shorts though. A belt would just add unnecessary bulk under my top.

NotAnIdiotHonest Tue 23-Oct-12 15:27:43

What Trills said.

Plus trouser belts are uncomfortable and add bulk to your waist.

I'm pretty sure 90% of people don't wear trouser belts!

NotAnIdiotHonest Tue 23-Oct-12 15:30:00

VB does look good in jeans but how is that a news story? angry

Trills Tue 23-Oct-12 15:30:05

I'm pretty sure 99% of people don't wear a belt every time they wear trousers.

usualsuspect3 Tue 23-Oct-12 15:31:36

I need a belt as I seem to be a funny shape, and I'm forever hoiking my jeans up without one.

But I wish I didn't have to wear one.

HazleNutt Tue 23-Oct-12 15:35:34

It has never occurred to me that one should always wear trousers with a belt confused

MissPerception Tue 23-Oct-12 15:36:11

Oh well I'm obviously in the minority here. I don't need a belt either but I just think he tabs for on the trousers where the belt goes through look rather bare.

Doesn't it look better with a belt?

sailortrash Tue 23-Oct-12 15:40:01

I don't think it makes it look better. I only wear trouser belts with some jeans which are now too big for me, just to keep them up. It's a pain when I have to use the loo quickly, just one more thing to worry about. And I tend to wear tops that cover the waistband, so nobody sees the belt loops anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now