Advanced search

indian trousers

(4 Posts)
igotaway Tue 23-Oct-12 15:03:43

does anyone know the name of the trousers that indian ladies/men wear?

not the dropped crotch or the harem or balloon ones that the kids wear from primark, h&m etc, but the smart ones, they look draped on the outside of the leg, very elegant, and then cuffed at the ankle

if so where from please?

TheaJTS Tue 23-Oct-12 15:13:45

I think you must mean Churidars or Salwars?
There are loads of places to buy them from online, but you're probably best trying them on - in the London area Southall or Wembley are both great, but you'll be spoilt for choice in any 'little India' shopping area.
If you want a more westernised version, Toast used to do churidar. I don't think there are any in their current collection, but they come up on Ebay quite a lot...
Hope this helps :-)

justasecond Tue 23-Oct-12 18:54:57

I think you mean a salwar rather than churidar which is more of a wrinkled legging? You will find a tailor in any asian area in big towns or southall, wembley etc. They would be able to make them for you. What would you wear with? A salwar would look odd on its own without a kameez or a long tunic on top due to the volume of fabric at the top which is hidden by the kameez usually.

Wheatie Tue 23-Oct-12 19:51:23

Have a look here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: