Talk

Advanced search

Red vein vascular laser..

(4 Posts)
BabblingWreckSimianBrain Tue 23-Oct-12 09:13:50

has anyone found anything that helps to cover the bruising afterwards? I had two veins zapped over a year ago and it was brilliant, one treatment and they disappeared and are still gone. But the area did bruise, as they told me it would. I need another two treating but have put off getting them done because I need to go when I can stay in the house for the 3/4 days it takes for the bruising to disappear. OR find something to cover them.
I used Estee Lauder Double Wear maximum cover foundation last time but it wasn't great at covering it up.

Dollydowser Tue 23-Oct-12 10:06:45

Arnica cream helps with bruising.

lurkingaround Tue 23-Oct-12 10:47:15

I hope I'm right, but avoid oily fish for a week or 2 beforehand (makes blood less sticky, hence bruise bigger and easier), and I think eat pineapple before too, I think I remember it's anti-inflammatory.

lurkingaround Tue 23-Oct-12 10:57:09

And don't take aspirin (unless you're prescribed it for a specific reason, then obv don't stop it), or any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen, diclofenac etc. They also make bruising happen easier and worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now