Talk

Advanced search

Chanel Rouge Noir

(14 Posts)
littlemissnormal Mon 22-Oct-12 23:12:05

I am a Barry M nail varnish addict but am tempted by the Chanel rouge noir. The only thing that has stopped me though is the price! Is it worth £17?

Themilkybarisonme Mon 22-Oct-12 23:18:39

I found Nars in a similar colour to be a better quality.

NotAnIdiotHonest Mon 22-Oct-12 23:35:07

No! I have a bottle from back when Chanel polish was only £12 and it's lovely but there are many many dupes for it. OPI and Essie have loads - Essie Wicked, OPI William Tell Me about OPI...depends how fussy you are about matching it exactly.

NotAnIdiotHonest Mon 22-Oct-12 23:37:07

OPI We'll Always have Paris is good...I'd choose OPI over Chanel for quality.

NotAnIdiotHonest Mon 22-Oct-12 23:40:23

And Zoya Paris. All pretty much identical to rouge noir.

littlemissnormal Mon 22-Oct-12 23:50:48

The OPI William one looks good and it's £8, think I'll try this. Thanks!

PerryCombover Tue 23-Oct-12 01:20:06

i love it but it's a hangover from my youth colour

Wheresmypopcorn Tue 23-Oct-12 02:45:56

Chanel nail polish chips easily

SomewhereInCanada Tue 23-Oct-12 02:58:47

I've found that even with a base coat you need two coats, if not three. I also found that it would leave purple scratch marks on paper.

YellowRiver Tue 23-Oct-12 03:25:51

For all its faults, I still think the original colour is best.

It depends how important the specific colour is to you, versus its durability. For fashion colours, brands like Dior and Chanel can't be beaten although perhaps by now you could find a more hardwearing version of Rouge Noir by another company, since it's been out for so long.

I enjoy a guilty treat like a Chanel nail varnish, every now and again

<<thinks smugly guiltily of Dior Addict lipgloss currently hidden in bottom of handbag>>

Maraki Tue 23-Oct-12 06:31:07

I'll never buy another Chanel nail varnish, it is impossible to get a thin layer of smooth, not patchy colour. And if you do, it will chip in a day. Even my manicurist had problems applying the colour when I took it to her. Essie wicked is the answer.

QueenCadbury Tue 23-Oct-12 06:53:42

No it's most definately not worth it. I saved up my boots points to get one and was glad I hadn't paid for it myself as like others have said it chips after a day.

Opi, rimmel, nails inc or mavala much better.

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 23-Oct-12 07:12:38

I love Rouge Noir! I find any varnish on my fingernails chips easily anyway, but Rouge Noir lasts for weeks on my toenails. In fact, I got married with it on my toenails, I love it that much smile

babybarrister Tue 23-Oct-12 07:35:10

I also agree that not at all hard wearing tho colour nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now