Talk

Advanced search

Help me accessorise a dress to wear to a winter wedding?

(5 Posts)
MySecretSelf Mon 22-Oct-12 22:48:11

I've got a wedding in a few weeks - I can't link to the dress I'm thinking of wearing as it's a year or two old, but it's basically a knee length, cap-sleeved, scoop neck, fitted purple dress. The shape and colour suit me quite well but it's quite demure and plain so I need to accessorise it so I look like I'm going to a wedding!

Any suggestions most welcome - shoes, jewellery, handbag etc. I'm not much of a hat person, but I know that those fascinator things are often frowned upon on MN grin. All the weddings I've ever gone to have been summer affairs, so I'm struggling a bit.

Help!

Themilkybarisonme Mon 22-Oct-12 23:21:41

I bought a brilliant black velvet jacket from a vintage clothes shop once. Any of those nearby? Why not try on whatever weird and wonderful jackets they have. Might find something unexpected! Or else look at texture and fabrics for a winter wedding - you need to think luxury textures as well as warmth.

MySecretSelf Tue 23-Oct-12 12:53:10

Thanks Themilkybarisonme - very good point re: textures and fabrics. I'm pushed for time to go and have a browse anywhere, so will really need to shop online.

If anyone has any links they can share I'd be very grateful!

How about a v pale grey cropped fake fur jacket, with a vintage looking pewter or dull silver clutch and dull silver or pewter shoes?

MySecretSelf Tue 23-Oct-12 13:26:26

Thanks Remus - good suggestion to help me widen my search!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now