Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else find that liquid/gel eyeliner doesn't suit them?

(6 Posts)
Meta4 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:16:11

I LOVE the 40s eyeliner thing - the sharp, defined line along the upper lashline, the flick, the neutral eyeshadow... Trouble is it looks great on everyone else and rubbish on me! It's not the application as I'm well practiced and have a steady hand. sad

Anyone else find the same, or have any other makeup woes?

BeauNeidel Mon 22-Oct-12 22:40:25

I love it too, but I can't really wear it as my eyes are too crepey. I tightline and do a teeny tiny flick at the edges but not too far out. I can do a great smokey eye but liner just looks like shite when I wing it out as I my lids are too foldy!

I've only very recently come to this conclusion though. I used to try it every so often and I'd always be disappointed. Never came out how I wanted no matter how many YouTube videos I watched!

Incidentally, Stila Kitten is a fab eyeshadow to match with a bold red lip - just the right amount of shimmer which a champagne colour base to look really pretty.

Meta4 Mon 22-Oct-12 23:02:01

Hmm

Meta4 Mon 22-Oct-12 23:04:03

Posted too soon!

Was going to say I assume because it looks good on others it will on me, but I too am always disappointed. I think it's the shape of my eyes. They're not almondy enough.

Thanks for the Stila Kitten advice, think I've heard of it...

BeauNeidel Mon 22-Oct-12 23:33:14

Mine aren't either Meta. I have very roundy eyes and foldy eyelids. I am sure this must be genetic and I am only just 30 so can't be old yet! shock grin

I'll try and find a pic of me when I have it done and post it to my profile, so you can see how I do it. The good thing about maternity leave being all the time I have sat on my arse faffing with make up!

QuinnFabray Tue 23-Oct-12 07:08:19

I can't do it either, and I love make up and am well practiced. Eyes and lids just wrong shape. Quite round, and the my face at the outer corner of my eye is quite angled, so just can't do the flick. I occasionally thinly line my upper lids, starting at the middle and working outwards, to elongate the eye, but never flick. Smokey eye easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now