Talk

Advanced search

Searching for the holy grail - handbag / mummy stuff bag

(13 Posts)
Sticki Mon 22-Oct-12 20:35:04

Help please...
I am a sahm to 3 young dc (7,3,1). My lovely DM has offered to buy me a new handbag for my recent birthday. I need something capacious to hold snacks, cups, nappies, toys, wipes etc as well as my lippy, phone, diary, letters etc. so something with some dividers/pockets to prevent my constant stress of digging stuff out of the bottom. I like colours and want to feel good and not mumsy. I find large carrying handles you can use over your shoulder good too and I have to hang it securely over the Maclaren a lot.

Not too much to ask surely? Any ideas?
Thanks a lot

Sticki Mon 22-Oct-12 21:05:25

Bump....

TheCraicDealer Mon 22-Oct-12 21:23:01

My lovely DP got me a Modalu Pippa for my birthday the other week. I have no kids, but there are three massive compartments which would be brilliant for keeping kid supplies separate from mum essentials. Pricey, but nicey grin

polyhymnia Mon 22-Oct-12 22:24:38

I have a Pippa and love all the pockets, etc - but personally I don't like all the bright 'gold' metal work - OTT for my taste and detracts from the classy image.
But if you are OK with that it's a really useful bag.

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Mon 22-Oct-12 22:59:25

Sophia and matt

They do a larger range in their store in Greenwich, I have one and absolutely love it - it's big enough for nappies and general kid junk but not so big you can't find anything. And it wipes clean. What's not to love!

purplepenguin86 Tue 23-Oct-12 01:47:37

I really love Nica handbags. They look really good, and are very practical, and they all have really pretty linings!

SomewhereInCanada Tue 23-Oct-12 03:12:32

Take a look at Storksak. I have a tan Sofia. It has lots of pockets inside and out. It's very roomy. You can also buy stroller clips from them.

I also have the Elizabeth in grey and shell pink. Both very nice but not as roomy.

Sticki Tue 23-Oct-12 08:31:54

Ooh thanks for the ideas - I will have fun looking at your suggestions (and avoiding screaming dcs)

FauxFox Tue 23-Oct-12 09:30:55

I love this it says a travel bag, but it's so pretty and just a bit different.

notjustamummythankyou Tue 23-Oct-12 09:47:23

How about Mia Tui bags?

Themilkybarisonme Tue 23-Oct-12 12:08:55

There's an autumn sale on at Radley at the moment...

nicknicknick Tue 23-Oct-12 13:15:23

I'd get a le pliage, not at all mumsy but plenty big enough to carry all you need

Whizkidwithacrazystreak Tue 23-Oct-12 15:12:26

You should really look at the Il Tutto Nico bag. It's a fab hold all and comes in a lot of colours. Take a look at the Mummy and Little Me website. I like the black and berry ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now