UGG boots, worth it or not?

(36 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Mon 22-Oct-12 18:40:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWolowitz Mon 22-Oct-12 18:46:48

mosschops30 Mon 22-Oct-12 18:52:18

I lurve mine.
I bought some chestnut Rosalinds (sturdy ones) three years ago, this is their 3rd winter. Every year i brush them, spray them and put them to bed for the winter grin
they are still immaculate and i wear them every day from about october to march.

faustina Mon 22-Oct-12 18:58:33

I have some tall black classic uggs - have had them for years and they are completely worth it!

KatieScarlett2833 Mon 22-Oct-12 19:00:10

Have a couple of pairs, bought 1 year and 2 years ago. Still immaculate.

MrsWolowitz Mon 22-Oct-12 19:06:20

chipstick10 Mon 22-Oct-12 19:08:06

I have had tall chocolate ones they only lasted a year before splitting at the toe. Have tall button baily in chestnut and they are still going strong two years later. I have short black still going strong a year later. They are dead comfy. Look good with woolly tights tho your supposed to wear them without socks or tights which i do because i wear them also with leggings. You cant wear them in the rain though realistically .

Coconutter Mon 22-Oct-12 19:11:46

I have Skechers which are almost identical and cost me half as much smile

HoopDePoop Mon 22-Oct-12 19:15:30

Ooh this thread is tempting me. Can I add a couple of questions for owners?

Does the rain trash them?
Can you wash them in the machine?
Do they smell if you wear them barefoot? <may be related to previous question blush >

faustina Mon 22-Oct-12 19:19:37

the rain has never trashed mine. I wouldn't tempt fate by wearing them in a downpour, or slushy snow though

I always wear them barefoot.

They don't smell!

PerryCombover Mon 22-Oct-12 19:23:04

Please buy them as slippers only. They are truly unattractive but warm and snug. Also bad for feet as outdoor footwear.

chipstick10 Mon 22-Oct-12 19:47:31

I agree, i wouldnt wear them in a massive downpour. You cant wash them in the machine. Every couple of months i sprinkle some bi carb in to my uggs. Keeps em fresh.

TuftyFinch Mon 22-Oct-12 19:57:31

I wash mine in the machine blush but I get them cheap from an Ugg outlet in LA.

cardoon Mon 22-Oct-12 20:02:02

I wouldn't wear them in the rain but I have machine washed mine 3 times - successfully! Wouldn't say mine have ever smelled but they do get a bit grubby especially as I tend to wear them whilst cooking.

cardoon Mon 22-Oct-12 20:04:02

I also have a pair from celtic sheepskin - they're nice....but not as plush as my genuine uggs.

millymae Mon 22-Oct-12 20:07:55

Why are they bad as outdoor footwear? I'm not in the first flush of youth and have worn them for years without socks and no ill effects at all. This year, for the first time I've begun to think that perhaps they are not the most attractive things to put on my feet but I know that as soon as it gets a tiny bit colder I'll be wearing them virtually non stop. I'm lucky in that I've got more than one pair now - one suede and one leather. I've never worn the suede ones when its been really wet but the leather pair are absolutely fine. My first pair of suede ones developed a hole in the toe after about a year and a half but their replacements which I bought at the end of 2009 are still absolutely fine.

CountryBelle Mon 22-Oct-12 20:23:10

Sooo worth it. 3 years and not a single mark. Have never had to be washed. Im just careful when i wear them - not in the rain! Snug, cosy, comfy and gorge withs tights and skirt.

I have just washed my UGGS for the first time... bunged in the machine on a wool wash.. drying nicely and don't seem any worse for itsmile

I KNOW they are a bit 'naff' but they are soooooo comfy and kind of comforting to wear. I have flat feet and can't wear converse style footwear because they make my feet ache but my uggs somehow feel supportive.

The only down side is they can wear thin if you have pointy up toenails (I have on one foot and the sheepskin is dangerously thin)

I love my uggs!

Tuttutitlookslikerain Mon 22-Oct-12 23:32:44

I have Uggs and Celtic sheepskins. The Celtic sheepskins are far better than the Uggs, and cheaper, and British made. They, also, offer a re-soling service so your boots last much longer!

UsingAPsuedonym Mon 22-Oct-12 23:36:23

I've got Australian relatives that are very amused at the fashion here in some circles for uggs. Very much indoor slippers!!

Woozley Mon 22-Oct-12 23:57:53

I have Wombats, a bit like these Wombats I do wear them as slippers when it's really cold but also outside. It has been nowhere near cold enough yet though.

HappyHalloweenMotherFucker Tue 23-Oct-12 00:04:41

I wear my teenage daughter's

I love them, and keep wanting a pair of my own

She has brown, short ones. She doesn't look after her footwear and they are still going very strong 2 years on

if I get some, I will get the more original fawn-coloured ones with the roll down sheepskin (and no way is she borrowing them...)

Jaeme Tue 23-Oct-12 00:45:29

I love my uggs I'm upto something like 10 pairs now (not all sheepskin)

Yes they will get stinky if you continually wear them barefoot without giving them a break - use the refresher spray in the cleaning kit.

I experimented with a very old chestnut pair and put them in the washing machine, they don't fall apart but it does cause them to fade.

Rain is ok if it's little splashes and you brush them once they're dry but if you go hopping around puddles / wear them in a downpour your feet are going to get wet and your boots will be marked.

mathanxiety Tue 23-Oct-12 03:19:18

You can spray them with suede spray before you take them out in the rain and it will help a bit.

cardoon Tue 23-Oct-12 08:23:54

Medusa, shove a piece of a wool insole inside to reinforce the big toe area, if you can get it to sit right it blends in with the sheepskin, stays put, and you don't notice it once it beds in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now