Talk

Advanced search

i do like a poncho. AYe carumba

(44 Posts)
MaureenCognito Mon 22-Oct-12 18:27:57

i had one last time and I binned it. Now i regret it. So good for shoving on when in and out of cars. great for a night out over a sparkly top when walking from restaurant to pub/bar/ gin palace

i likey the next one www.next.co.uk/g482108s1

HoopDePoop Mon 22-Oct-12 19:40:49

this Hush one is lovely, however you know ponchos scream 'Tesco' grin

jamaisjedors Mon 22-Oct-12 20:25:20

I have been tempted by a poncho for the last couple of years but keep resisting (last time I wore one was a child in the late seventies!).

Will probably finally give in and they will go out of fashion... Mind you I think they are only just hitting France (--backward country--)

florencepink Mon 22-Oct-12 22:33:35

The hush one is lovely but all sold out now. The next one is nice too but not so keen on the colours. Anyone seen any other nice ones around?

MaureenCognito Tue 23-Oct-12 01:48:58

Like hush but too ££ for something so seasonal.

Bet uniqlo get some in.
I think bloody vile fat face do

cupcake78 Tue 23-Oct-12 05:56:17

Tk max had loads in a few weeks ago.

CalamityJones Tue 23-Oct-12 06:26:27

If you contact hush, they might have one in stock - they take things off sale when they get down to the last few in each size (it's how I got mine!)

GreenEyesAndHam Tue 23-Oct-12 06:30:14

They're lovely but I just can't carry one off, I'm just too...short I think. I literally do feel like Speedy Gonzales, fasted mouse in Mexico in one

SuePurblybilt Tue 23-Oct-12 06:54:59

I am too bosomy, it looks like dust sheets on a grand piano when I attempt a poncho. Draping and bulging. No.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 23-Oct-12 07:08:18

Oh I am ponchotastic at the moment. Have couple of years old one from white co and new creamy colour one from there - they are very good for ponchos and always discount codes around. I did a poncho blog only yesterday wink

MaureenCognito Tue 23-Oct-12 07:13:13

You don't share your blog with me you beatch

MaureenCognito Tue 23-Oct-12 07:15:59

Aha. I found you.

GreenEyesAndHam Tue 23-Oct-12 07:18:24

Agh MrsCB I know who you are now, I like the sparkly one

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 23-Oct-12 07:19:21

M&S also had a fairly nice one but noticed one had massive hole in store which put me off.

Ebay also good for cashmere ones but my old navy one is best as doesn't go over your head and ruin your hair.

GreenEyesAndHam Tue 23-Oct-12 07:19:34

That should have been 'ahh' not 'agh' confused I'm not aghast or owt

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 23-Oct-12 07:26:25

That's funny Greeneyes wink

I am aghast myself often.

florencepink Tue 23-Oct-12 07:33:50

Now I really need to know how to find mrs c-bs blog! Somebody give me a clue please?!

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 23-Oct-12 07:42:07

Think I'm allowed to link - its collbaborative so not just me here

florencepink Tue 23-Oct-12 07:50:22

Got it grin thanks for the pms.

Itsgottabebags Tue 23-Oct-12 08:43:16

I saw some knitted ones in a Gap outlet recently. I even tried one on!

CuriousMama Tue 23-Oct-12 08:46:15

Tesco do have a few in though wink

I bought one from my local second hand/bookstore. She gets in a few other odds and ends and had one in for £2. It went in the washing machine and is great for keeping the chill off. Only indoors though as it has Alpine scenes on it grin

PippiL Tue 23-Oct-12 12:44:27

Ooh, ooh, I just received this Next cable poncho yesterday. It is really nice, I am well chuffed with it.

I think it looks worth more than £38. The fabric is mostly cotton so hangs really nicely. I got a size small (am size 10-12). And I would say the size is perfect. Size down if not sure.

Beware though, it does have some little holes in it for detailing, which although look really nice might mean it isn;t 100% warm. You would have to layer it up pretty well to wear it as a "coat" - which I did today.

Got loads of compliments wearing it today with a black beret, skirt, tights and chunky boots.

noddyholder Tue 23-Oct-12 12:46:33

I have one that I wear very year Lovely missoni one.

noddyholder Tue 23-Oct-12 12:48:06

this is mine so useful

That Next one is really v nice - am surprised. Think I'm too norky though and since I don't drive, I really need warmer than a poncho.

I fancy a cape-coat thing. Saw an amazing khaki wool military style one in the charity shop yesterday but it was a size 20!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now