Talk

Advanced search

Mac foundation - sold wrong shade

(6 Posts)
Jeezimacasalinga Mon 22-Oct-12 18:17:37

I had my face made up in Mac on Kings Road last week and ended up buying quite a few things. When I put the foundation on the next day, I realised they have given me the wrong shade - am completely orange. I don't think they made me up in that shade as I looked fine in the shop. Anyway, as luck would have it I'm passing that way tomorrow so take it back, but will they send me packing? I have the receipt but obviously have opened the bottle....

ElectricMonk Mon 22-Oct-12 18:21:27

I returned a concealer to MAC (with box and receipt) after 3 uses because it looked waxy on my skin and didn't conceal particularly well, although it looked fine in the shop. The shop assistant was a bit sniffy about it (didn't say a word to me other than "Why?") but did give me a cash refund with no difficulties.

The colour probably looked different in the shop due to the lighting, it's a common problem and why they should advise you to pop out into natural light to check you're happy with the match.

justasecond Mon 22-Oct-12 19:39:33

Same thing happened to me. I bought some on a trip to London from Fenwick concession but local Mac would not take it back. I had to sell it on ebay to get something back for it.

Jeezimacasalinga Mon 22-Oct-12 21:44:19

Thanks! I'll go in tomorrow and fingers crossed they'll give me a lighter shade...

boringnamechange Mon 22-Oct-12 21:55:15

If no joy email them. I got a lipgloss at Glasgow airport one of those clicky turn ones And after one use it didn't work. They were great apologised and said a new one would be sent out. After a couple of weeks they replied and apologised as out of stock but sent a cheque. Very apologetic. Felt quite guilty actually as they sent more than I paid. And then the lip gloss started working again.

Jeezimacasalinga Tue 23-Oct-12 20:01:47

Thanks all, went it today and they exchanged it with no quibbles - she saw immediately that it was the wrong colour on me. Gold star for Mac!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now