Talk

Advanced search

where do you buy your dd's clothes? Trendy?

(6 Posts)
flipflopper Mon 22-Oct-12 12:10:38

dd (12) wants clothes for christmas.
She wants trendy things.. her idea of trendy and mine are completely different..

She is small for her age, short and very skinny. I normally buy her age 9-10 stuff, mostly from next as it fits her well.

She likes feminine sort of things, nothing chunky or sporty.

Which shops do you use? Any ideas? Going shoping tomorrow.
Thanks x

daisydoodoo Mon 22-Oct-12 12:59:01

new look? they do a teenage range. www.newlook.com/shop/teens/view-all-clothing_2030019?intcam=INT-2012-13-WK30-TNS-ZBck-002

Primark

H&M

even m&s has a teen range, with some cute skinny jeans and shirts, jumpers etc.

Startailoforangeandgold Mon 22-Oct-12 13:07:21

Next or Debenham's or sometimes M&S if you want a bit feminine.

H&M, Primark and Matlan are very very hit and miss.

Oh if you have real money, some John Lewis children's stuff is beautiful.

teta Mon 22-Oct-12 13:13:29

My 13 year old daughter loves Tk Maxx,although she fits into a size 8.There are some smaller sizes there as well.We often buy Superdry items and little jumpers and lots of scarves.Dd recently bought a Jessica Simpson military style coat that looks lovely on her.

carrie74 Mon 22-Oct-12 13:23:12

I think you need to find out what brands she's after, as like you say, what we think is trendy vs what she'll actually wear are 2 separate things. It'll all be down to what her friends are wearing, but I suspect Jack Wills & Hollister will feature, maybe Superdry too. If they're spending their own money: Primark, H&M and (maybe) Topshop. Zara may be worth a look too.

MamaGeekChic Mon 22-Oct-12 13:26:51

Zara! DD is only 18months but gets loads from the baby section, the stuff in the kids/teen bits look gorgeous. H&M also good for basics but I don't think the quality is as good. River Island also has a kids section online/in bigger stores- not sure what the age range is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now