Talk

Advanced search

Nicer shoes for suit-wearing man of 30

(9 Posts)
Themilkybarisonme Mon 22-Oct-12 08:51:18

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? Men's shoes aren't my speciality.

DH is 30 in December and is (has recently become) Technical Director of an IT firm in the NW. He wears TM Lewin suits and shirts (although lately without ties as he says it's so uncommon that clients were remarking on it in a "what a proper old duffer you are" way) every day.
He has been wearing shoes from M&S, usually autograph, for ages but they are now so badly scuffed that my mother has said she will buy them but he needs new ones. Oh, the shame! I've posted before that every step up in clothing has been a battle, but he has actually agreed to new shoes (current ones met be a couple of years old and worn every day) so I'm jumping on it. I want to get him nicer work shoes than usual, something more in line with the suits, but not sure where to look.

Also I want to get him separate home shoes. Something to go with jeans, shirts and jumpers. Help!

Tweet2tweet Mon 22-Oct-12 08:54:17

Depends on your bidget but Camper do some great shoes:

Camper

Smart but not too stuffy etc!

Themilkybarisonme Mon 22-Oct-12 09:02:11

Those might be good for home shoes but they're not smart enough to go with the work clothes - I think £100-£150 for work shoes and definitely under £100 for home.

Thank you!

Themilkybarisonme Mon 22-Oct-12 09:05:34

www.tmlewin.co.uk/Piccadilly-Regular-Fit-3-Button-Charcoal-Suit/11035B,en_GB,pd.html?start=1&cgid=Mens-Suits&prefn1=suitType&prefv1=3-button
This is his sort of workwear, without a tie

mycatlikestwiglets Mon 22-Oct-12 10:01:41

My DH is a thirty-something senior professional and also dresses very smartly for work. I bought him some Loake shoes a bit like [[http://www.johnlewis.com/80113/Product.aspx this] the Christmas before last and he was delighted with them. Almost 2 years on and they still look like new - he's had them resoled once but otherwise nothing more than a bit of polish.

mycatlikestwiglets Mon 22-Oct-12 10:02:24

Whoops sorry here's that link again: here

Themilkybarisonme Mon 22-Oct-12 11:09:15

I couldn't follow the link on my iPhone but I searched loake on John Lewis and it looks interesting, thanks for the recommendation smile

Abzs Mon 22-Oct-12 12:43:43

My DH got his last new pair from Ecco. His office is shirt+suit type trousers, suit jacket+tie for meetings.

His more casualish ones were a bulk buy in the Clarks january sale.

Chopstheduck Mon 22-Oct-12 12:48:11

dh has roland cartier ones. Fraser or bentalls, around £100.

I like them, smart but not too 'old' for him, he is 30 too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now