Talk

Advanced search

A thread from ages ago...

(8 Posts)
MrsFionaCharming Mon 22-Oct-12 05:19:51

A few years, 2/3 I think, a mner asked for help finding a dress for her brothers wedding (I think), and she ended up getting a gorgeous vintage style chiffon dress, it was one colour all over, then with a different colour around the collar/in a train type thing down the back.

Does that ring any bells with anyone?

I loved that dress so much! It was from a site where they made to measure and you could pick which colours you wanted for each part. I bookmarked the site for when I had an occasion for such a dress, and I finally might, but my laptop recently died and I've lost my bookmarks!

MsArseBiscuit Mon 22-Oct-12 06:18:55

I don't suppose it was this one ? www.courtesan-boutique.co.uk/shop/nopcart/babycakes.html

Elemental Mon 22-Oct-12 08:20:12

Wasn't it Bunny Lebowski? Seem to remember it got sent back though for not being that great...

Mosman Mon 22-Oct-12 09:40:13

I bought that dress for our tenth anniversary and people still talk about it now. Stunning.

MrsFionaCharming Mon 22-Oct-12 13:38:21

Yes! It was that one! Thank you!

Were you pleased with it when it arrived?

BunnyLeBOOwski Mon 22-Oct-12 13:43:53

It was me grin

Sadly my story didn't have a happy ending. The dress, when it finally turned up, was a complete state. Looked like it had been made by a drunk blind person with no thumbs. Wonky zips, threads everywhere, shoddy hem.

Turns out they'd outsourced the dress-making to some randomer hmm

I was fuming. Had to race around town 2 days before my brother's wedding to find a replacement.

Naturally I haven't dabbled again. They might be ok now though <shrugs>

ClaraDeLaNoche Mon 22-Oct-12 13:56:43

Shame Bunny, it looks stunning. Were they ok about a return?

BunnyLeBOOwski Mon 22-Oct-12 14:02:28

They were. I got a full refund. Might have been something to do with the incandescent phone call I made right after opening the package.

But I'm not sure that counts for much.

At the time it was the most I'd ever spent on a dress for myself. Was so happy to find a made-to-measure vintage style dress. I was literally marking the days off on a calendar till it arrived blush

Honestly, it was appallingly made.

They shouldn't advertise what they so spectacularly failed to deliver. No more chances from me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now