Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to jeans?

(16 Posts)
Paribus Sun 21-Oct-12 23:14:54

What do you wear as an alternative to jeans? Just that, really.
I am sick and tired of jeans, thus spent a couple of days (deleted) weeks in the shops and online trying to find an alternative- nada, zero, zilch. It's either jeans or office trousers or chinos.
Does an alternative (not the dresses or skirts!!) even exist?
TA!

ATourchOfInsanity Sun 21-Oct-12 23:15:56

I just ordered some from Uniqlo - think they are cords though, so if you don't like that idea then I'm out of advice!

Paribus Mon 22-Oct-12 00:17:49

Thanx, ATourchofInsanity (great name!), will have a look at those.

PuffPants Mon 22-Oct-12 00:22:37

Cords, cords, cords - I am thrilled they are in style this winter, I can just carry in wearing the ones I wore last winter grin

Paribus Mon 22-Oct-12 10:41:51

Anyone else ;)?

Queenmarigold Mon 22-Oct-12 14:42:27

Cords, leggings, chinos, thick tights and skirt / dress / maxi dress...

LOTS of choices, I don't really like jeans either!

Paribus Mon 22-Oct-12 21:40:05

Queenmarigold, I wear cords (atourchofsanity, thanx for reminding about them- wore my old ones today!), don't wear leggings, wear chinos but only with ballerina shoes- cold for them now...
I do wear skirts and dresses, but want to find some trousers which won't be boring black/ navy straight leg ones or jeans- I want some interesting cut, some interesting details, I want something different...

sweetheart Mon 22-Oct-12 21:44:02

What about the current trend for thick tights and shorts?

Millie1 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:45:48

Got cords from Uniqlo - they are so so comfortable. Brilliant! Looking for the perfect aubergine coloured pair but in a skinnier fit than Uniqlo. What about dresses and wool tights with boots?

Paribus Mon 22-Oct-12 22:26:00

Sweetheart, nope, never wear shorts ;).
Millie, congrats with the cords! I do wear dresses with boots, quite often actually, but I need smth which is not jeans or plain trousers....

ATourchOfInsanity Mon 22-Oct-12 22:50:10

Well, if you want something a bit 'out there' then leather is meant to be coming back I think? Get the talc out and dust down smile Other than that all I can think of is the patterned trews everywhere. I'm not quite bold enough for those though!

PuffPants Mon 22-Oct-12 23:13:21

Millie, those Uniqlo cords, how's the fitting? The size chart on their website is confused

Millie1 Tue 23-Oct-12 08:35:56

I'm a 10 Puffpants and wear a 27 in Uniglo. They are ridiculously long though with a 33" leg!

dexter73 Tue 23-Oct-12 09:48:17

Millie1 - Mrs CB has these and likes them.

Millie1 Tue 23-Oct-12 09:57:47

Thanks Dexter - had seen MrsCB recommend those on another thread. They look perfect!

ATourchOfInsanity Tue 23-Oct-12 13:25:40

Puffpants I'm 5'9 and a 10 and got a 28 and they fit perfectly (am a 33'' leg though) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now