Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Tops for work, can you help?

(7 Posts)
WildThongyoumakemyringsting Sun 21-Oct-12 20:42:59

I'm always in black/blue/grey trousers and try to pick nice tops that are easy to wear with them, a bit boring I know so I wear coloured shoes (red, blue, lilac and black patent) to add a little bit of colour. I can't seem to find anything I like on the high street - Ideally I would like jersey or other stretchy material tops with 3/4 sleeves and slightly longer length as I don't tuck in due to my flabby belly! Wise mnetters can you help please??

Charliefox Sun 21-Oct-12 20:49:55

I know it's not 3/4 sleeves but I bought this today for a pop of colour underneath my work jacket. Despite being cheap, the material is lovely. www.riverisland.com/women/t-shirts--vests--sweats/plain-t-shirts--vests/bright-coral-scoop-neck-vest-625371

germyrabbit Sun 21-Oct-12 20:53:30

am a bit of a fan of these uniqlo stretchy tops in v neck and henley design - come in lots of colours and are long, but did you mean something with a pattern?

WildThongyoumakemyringsting Sun 21-Oct-12 21:16:29

thank you both, I will have a look at these - germy either patterned or plain, just a splash of colour really

azazello Sun 21-Oct-12 21:19:11

Kettlewell colours. Lots and lots of nice coloured thick jersey tops in a variety if styles. Bit pricey but the sales are good.

WildThongyoumakemyringsting Sun 21-Oct-12 21:56:23

azazello
this is a lovely website - thank you, I had never heard of it before

AmberNectarine Sun 21-Oct-12 22:03:34

I got a lovely one in TK Maxx of all places, double layer jersey, really great. Otherwise I like Whistles or a French brand called Majestic.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: