Talk

Advanced search

Warm waterproof coat that looks half-civilised?

(7 Posts)
Downandoutnumbered Sun 21-Oct-12 20:12:44

I am in dire need of a coat that's both warm and waterproof without looking completely appalling. I have a raincoat or a proper coat, but nothing that will do both jobs

I live in London so I don't want to look as though I'm off to climb Everest with thousands of zips and bright colours - I just want a warm jacket that comes down below my bum and keeps me dry. Sob. Does anyone have any recommendations? Black would be the ideal, but any other dark colour would be fine too.

dexter73 Sun 21-Oct-12 20:36:56

Merrell coats like this are very popular on S&B.

busyboysmum Sun 21-Oct-12 20:37:46

I bought Ellenwood in Charcoal based on a previous thread and I love it, so warm, so waterproof, and I think stylish as well. Am delighted with it.

BrianButterfield Sun 21-Oct-12 20:40:02

Lots of people will recommend the Merrell Haven and I am one of them! Looks like a 'proper' coat - fitted, with toggles which are at least vaguely in this season, but sooooooo warm and waterproof without looking it. I love it!

bishboschone Sun 21-Oct-12 20:46:53

Busy boy . Is the ellenwood fitted?

Downandoutnumbered Sun 21-Oct-12 20:55:02

mm, Ellenwood looks nice - not quite so keen on the Haven as I think DS would grab the toggles! How do Merrell sizes come up? I'm an 8 normally - if I buy an XS will there be room for clothes underneath it?

BrianButterfield Sun 21-Oct-12 21:28:10

The sizes are snug. I'm an 8 and have an XS and it's the smallest it could be and still fit. I have room for clothes under it though! I can't see myself ever wanting to wear anything bulky as it is just so warm. DS grabs my toggles, actually, but as we take the train together they're sometimes a useful distraction...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now