Talk

Advanced search

Home Glycolic Acid Peels

(5 Posts)
SofaKingOld Sun 21-Oct-12 18:53:59

Am I brave enough?

It all looks a bit scary. I'm 39 and having a midlife crisis my skin has become much duller and spottier over the past year.

Have any of you bought from here or can you recommend other websites or give me any top tips?

thenightsky Sun 21-Oct-12 20:10:12

I got swept up with the whole acid peel MN stuff last spring. Then my skin broke out in massive red patches with spots/blisters round my nose and chin. I'm still not right sad

Charliefox Sun 21-Oct-12 20:17:07

I had a similar experience. Ordered from the Bravura site, did the peel and on the 3rd application, came out in a cluster of small raised spots on my forehead. Have never had spots there before. Weeks on, they're still there now - vastly reduced and pretty much invisible but there nonetheless. Many many others had very favourable results however.

Charliefox Sun 21-Oct-12 20:18:22

How bad is your skin? What do you want to achieve? Botox is a miracle in a needle but you don't mention wanting to tackle lines.

SofaKingOld Sun 21-Oct-12 20:24:08

My lines aren't so bad.

It's more a dullness, blemishes and spots which don't make it to the surface. It's like I've lost my lustre in my skin.

I've ordered the alpha H liquid gold which is only 5% and I think I'll see how I get on with it before graduating to the 30%.

All of the reviews are positive - hence asking on here! I knew I'd get an honest response.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now