Talk

Advanced search

Which family member do you most resemble?

(25 Posts)
juneau Sun 21-Oct-12 10:52:26

I look most like my Dad. As a baby I apparently resembled his dad - my paternal GF - although a lot of babies look rather like little bald, old men. I think as I get older the family resemblance has become more pronounced. What about you?

BuntyCollocks Sun 21-Oct-12 11:04:40

Facially, I'm my mum's double, as is my sister - we looked nothing alike when we were younger, but our features have 'settled' (29 and 22 now). And my mum looks like her mum. Both are ageing incredibly well, so I'm rather chuffed! My DS also looks like us. Hoping DD does too!

Shh2012 Sun 21-Oct-12 11:59:07

My mum's double in face and hair. Sadly I didn't inherit her gorgeous figure, especially her legs. I have the body of a pit pony and have never been quite sure where to point the finger of blame !

PosieParker Sun 21-Oct-12 12:07:06

I look like my father and his mother.

PosieParker Sun 21-Oct-12 12:07:19

(All of my 4 dcs look like me)

ShatnersBassoon Sun 21-Oct-12 12:09:24

My mum's sister. I don't resemble any of my immediate family.

marleybrodie Sun 21-Oct-12 12:29:33

Mixture of both parents,
Father's 'strong' nose (er that will be a bit pointy and big then)
Mother's eye lashes and teeth(Ta mum)
Father's curly hair(a bonus too)
Figure all of my own- much more petite than my mother although the women on my dad's side tend to be small too.
Can see some resemblences to cousins too.

MrsHelsBels74 Sun 21-Oct-12 12:31:01

People say me & my brother are very alike, in fact one of his friends (many years ago) thought I was him with a wig on the first time he saw me.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sun 21-Oct-12 12:31:32

I look like neither of them. No one would ever think I was their daughter. But my brother is the double of our bio dad

EllenParsons Sun 21-Oct-12 12:44:24

I look a lot like my sister in the face but we are twins so obviously we would be the most similar! I don't think I really look much like either of my parents. My middle brother has some of the same characteristics as me, very similar nose.

RedGreenRouge Sun 21-Oct-12 12:48:58

In photos of her at my age, I look exactly like my maternal grandmother. I look pretty similar to my twin brother and when he wears a wig we could pass for identical twins from a short distance.

ggirl Sun 21-Oct-12 12:50:21

double of my mum facially and in mannersims...truly terrifying

TotallyEggFlipped Sun 21-Oct-12 12:55:37

I'm like my Dad looks-wise & personality. Short-ish, tendency to roundness, square hands with short fingers, curly hair & freckles, quiet & funny.
My brother got my mum's height, long legs & out-going personality. However, as a small boy he was the spitting image of a photo of my dad at the same age.

MaryZed Sun 21-Oct-12 13:01:15

I'm turning into my mother.

And she turned into my grandmother.

It is very sad.

JuliaFlyte Sun 21-Oct-12 13:03:39

I am the image of my mum, who was very like her mum. My dd is very like me. Very strong genes obviously grin

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Sun 21-Oct-12 13:05:13

My dad, and his mum. Same face structure, jaw, teeth shape, wavy hair. even eyebrows same shape. Apparently I am the spit of my grandma facially (a relative of hers came over from canada when i was about 12, had never seen me, and apparently nearly fainted when i walked in the room as he thought i was her ghost for a second! at the time i was quite insulted thinking that he meant i looked like an old dead woman but now i get it!)

and have their height too, in the legs.

Sadly the only thing I seem to have inherited from my mum and her sisters are the child bearing hips and tendency to put weight on my arse if I so much as look at a scone. Ah well.

slightlytipsy Sun 21-Oct-12 13:07:57

Definitely my grandmother. My father has slightly curly dark hair, and looks tanned, he's Egyptian, and my mother is similar, and I definitely look different. Strangely enough, my sisters and brother all look similar to my parents, I'm the only one who isn't!

I have very curly black hair, but am paler, and have dark eyes unlike my parents who both have lighter brown eyes, but I share them with my grandmother. I'm short (my father's tall, my mother's medium, and my paternal grandparents are medium) like my grandmother too. However, my nose is a bit different, and the shapes of my eyes- I inherited both from my father, I'd say.

BeingBooyhoo Sun 21-Oct-12 13:09:50

i am told that i look very like my mum's sister who passed away just before i was born. i have seen photos but i am useless at seeing resemblance in everyone and can't really see it.

Signet2012 Sun 21-Oct-12 13:14:47

I am the facially the double of my dad only with hair smile
My brother looks more like my mum and has the same build and mannerisms of the males from that side of the family.

I have my mothers build on the bottom half (big thighs and bum) and the flat chest from my paternal grandmother. Thanks for that!

I sound more like my mum with the words I use but have my dads accent. smile

But I am so like my dads side that ehen I visited the small village where he is from someone randomly stopped me and said "you must be a xxxx". Turned out it was one of my many second cousins that I had never met she just knew I must be related by my features.

IslaValargeone Sun 21-Oct-12 13:18:14

My dad and his mum/sisters.
We are clones, it is quite scarey.

OTTMummA Sun 21-Oct-12 13:54:20

I look like my mum, features wise, but have my bio dads colouring, mum is dark and dad is very fair.
My son (4yrs) looks just like me but with DH's head shape, and DD (3months) looks like me, but has got a tinge of red in her hair from my lovely MIL, who's mother also had red hair.

Both children look like me awake, but definately like DH when they were born, and when they are asleep confused have no idea how that works?

hugandroll Sun 21-Oct-12 13:57:25

I don't look like a single person in my family at all! I'm sure I was swapped at birth or something as I just don't "get" how I can be biologically linked to them. My ds2 looks like me though so there is now someone in the world I resemble and its lovely.

WandaDoff Sun 21-Oct-12 13:58:29

I'm the double of my mother in every way, except her hair was very dark & mine is quite fair.

Same height, figure, shoe size etc. Apparently my mannerisms are very similar as well.

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 21-Oct-12 13:59:43

I look very like one of my cousins. I put a photo of the two of us on FB and had a load of comments along the lines of "I didn't know you had a sister!" "The likeness is uncanny!" Except she is thinner, blonder, younger and better looking than me. envy

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Sun 21-Oct-12 14:00:00

I have the worst features of both parents. My dad's big head, big nose strong features, long arms, moles and inordinate boniness, and my mum's allergies to more or less everything, white skin which never tans and just gets itchy and incredibly small boobs.

My sister inherited all the good things.

Today is a "poor self esteem day" smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now