Talk

Advanced search

What products to curl thick hair with ghds?

(7 Posts)
slowlygoingbonkers Sun 21-Oct-12 09:24:13

My close friend is getting married next week and I want curls in my hair. I have practised but some parts curl easily and others don't. They also fall out quick. I've not been using any products as I'm normally a wash and go girl. What products do I need for curling and after to keep them in? I am clueless on all of this and want to look good for the day. Oh my hair is just past shoulder length and thick.
Tia

Funnylittleturkishdelight Sun 21-Oct-12 10:16:01

I have found GHDs won't curl my thick hair. Instead I use l'oreal heat protection cream, plait my hair in two/four plaits (depending on curl size I want) when it's towel dried and leave it to dry and sleep on it.

I have tried ever heated curling product, and this is the only method I find works!

slowlygoingbonkers Sun 21-Oct-12 10:27:45

Thanks, I will give that a go tonight see if it works on mine.

Zwitterion Sun 21-Oct-12 10:47:36

Or YouTube sock bun. I do this to get my wavy hair curly - wash, product (boots curl creme pink stuff), into bun, leave to dry for about two days it seems

Or dry hair, loads of hairspray, sock bun, leave to dry.

bangersnmash Sun 21-Oct-12 15:20:21

I could never do the Ghd curl thing . Was very hit and miss . I've recently bought a styling wand from boot . Think it was the Mark Hill one , but Babyliss do a version as well . I found the wand much easier and faster . It gave me the large loose curls I was after that held all night . Used some loreal hot curl lotion as well . Another advantage of a wand is that you don't get that that line that you get with Ghd's when your not fast enough through the hair .

cakebar Sun 21-Oct-12 15:24:42

My hair holds a curl really well, and ghds will curl my hair but not that well. I bought a curling tong from boots this week and it does a great job really quickly. I paid £30 but the £10 boots own one would probably have done the job too.

slowlygoingbonkers Sun 21-Oct-12 15:43:21

Thanks everyone. Going to try the sock bun tonight and see how that turns out, then maybe invest in a wand.
Really need to buy some stuff and swot up on how to look groomed. I'm 29 and clueless blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now