Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jumpers/knitwear

(17 Posts)
boobooyou Sun 21-Oct-12 08:27:05

Has there been a thread about lovely jumpers and if not can anyone suggest need. I need inspiration now it is getting colder

Thanks

boobooyou Sun 21-Oct-12 08:27:29

Sorry suggest any . . .

bishboschone Sun 21-Oct-12 09:22:04

I'm not a big fan of big jumpers as I get too hot but in Primark the other day they had loads and loads if lovely knitwear . I felt a bit as I went round . It was all soft . I bought a lovely long fairisle jumper for £16 and its washed up fine . All the high street stuff is of the same quality really .

mewkins Sun 21-Oct-12 09:42:23

Same problem here. Lost count of the number I have sent back. H and m have some woolmix ones in at the mo. Uniqlo ones are too short for me. Could try tk maxx?

Hopefully Sun 21-Oct-12 10:15:38

I am struggling hugely with knitwear this year - high street full of acrylic shite and even more expensive (whistles, Hobbs ect) is 50% acrylic quite often. Grr.

dreamingofsun Sun 21-Oct-12 10:36:23

john lewis do reasonable cashmere ones which i find nice and warm and soft. woolovers might be worth looking at? I buy boden cashmere - only in the sale - but wouldn't touch anything else from them as the 2 non-cashmere things have looked like rags after a couple of months

boobooyou Sun 21-Oct-12 11:17:47

I always forget about primark will Definately pop in for a llok

carrie74 Sun 21-Oct-12 12:10:06

Benetton: perfect basics 100% wool in a range of colours (but the website's a shocker).

GodisaDJ Sun 21-Oct-12 12:23:22

I got 3 lovely jumpers from Primark last week. They've washed up lovely and I got all 3 plus a scarf, some dark green skinny jeans and a kids outfit for £45 - bargain!

Meggles76 Sun 21-Oct-12 15:31:18

Yes to Benetton. Lots of good quality knits in good colours. I was in store. The new website is awful!

Coconutter Sun 21-Oct-12 16:14:57

Bizarrely although I generally don't like man-made fibres I find my acrylic jumpers are the warmest I own!

BikeRunSki Sun 21-Oct-12 16:21:41

Celtic Sheepskin have fabulous woollen knitwear, but £££. Brora too, but £££££££!

Littlepumpkinpie Sun 21-Oct-12 16:31:53

I found some nice ones in Tkmax I got two that were Fen,, Wright and Masons. Its worth the hunt in ours. zara had some nice knit wear too.

titan Sun 21-Oct-12 16:36:24

I'm currently loving all the Celtic Sheepskin stuff - this is really warm and snugly. this is also lovely. And I recently picked up a couple of Farhi cashmere mix jumpers at TK Maxx online. I can't stand acrylic/polyester/nylon in knitwear either!

MegBusset Sun 21-Oct-12 16:39:46

I have got some lovely lambswool jumpers from Uniqlo, £19.99

mudipig Sun 21-Oct-12 17:05:43

These have lovely quality jumpers. I have a few of them now.

http://www.woolovers.com/

The lambswool/merino ones are really soft yet machine washable.

SwedishEdith Sun 21-Oct-12 17:15:19

I've got a few of the cheap uniqlo lambswool ones - they're bobbling already but they are cheap. Some weird and unflattering colours this year though.

Definitely look at the men's section in TK Maxx though - loads of 100% wool in lovely colours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now