Talk

Advanced search

Dyed red back to natural blonde...

(8 Posts)
DebbieTitsMcGee Sun 21-Oct-12 03:09:13

Anyone done this? If so please tell me how, and what you thought.

Should I get highlights or something to blend the roots in a bit or just have it cut as short as I can bear til the dye is gone? I have long hair in good condition.

DebbieTitsMcGee Sun 21-Oct-12 15:30:52

Bump! Any ideas?

QueenieLovesEels Sun 21-Oct-12 16:34:44

How many times has your hair been processed?

ThatBintAgain Sun 21-Oct-12 16:38:41

Hello- I'm in the process of doing this at the moment and its taking aaaaages. I'm not doing it myself though, I'm getting my hairdresser to sort it out. My stylist says there's too much red to just bleach all over so I had a big slice put in the front and am gradually waiting for the rest to grow out. Might be worth getting a professional opinion...

DebbieTitsMcGee Sun 21-Oct-12 20:06:22

My hair's not "processed" as such, it's only had semi permanents on it so the condition is really good.

It's very resilient, I've had it stripped from black back to blonde before and also had it bleached to platinum/pale blue and it was always totally fine.

My hairdresser is an award winning colourist but has never actually touched the colour! They like it the way I do it so have always just cut it smile I am going to ask their very professional opinion etc but just wondering what might be possible so I can have a think about options.

Maybe I should talk to snipper about stripping it, dyed blonde is easier to grow out and I have done it before. I just don't want to look any crapper than I have to for any longer than I have to smile

I like the sound of the big slice but am too old/not pretty enough to carry off stuff like that any more.

QueenieLovesEels Mon 22-Oct-12 11:27:04

If you've only gone down the semi route than you can colorb4 the hair. It will have a yellow hue to it though. You will need to cope with that for a bit because you have to leave time between colouring after stripping.

You would then have to use a cool toned blonde to counter the brass and violet shampoo but it is possible to do it yourself and should present no problems to a hairdresser.

KentuckyFriedChildren Mon 22-Oct-12 11:48:58

I have done this recently. I tried the colour b4 stuff but it didn't work. I bleached then used an ash blonde over the top. That was still a bit ginger at the ends so I repeated the ash blonde every third week twice and then the third time I did a v light brown (doesny look at all brown) and blonde highlights and it is now perfect. It's in great condition despite the repeated dying but that is due to me looking after it. My friend has done the same thing and hers is like straw. I also use a violet shampoo/conditioner and I wash 2/3 times per week plus use leave in conditioner and argan oil. I brush well and don't use any other product or straighteners etc. It has taken literally months to get it back to a blonde that looks natural and I won't be changing it again soon! If you're lucky that colour b4 stuff will work for you and you won't have to go through what I did smile

DebbieTitsMcGee Tue 23-Oct-12 12:05:40

Argh! You're tempting me to do it myself now sad I did use ColourB4 on a too-dark brown a couple of years ago and it worked great...hmmmmmmmmmm. I am a bit skint...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now