Talk

Advanced search

Smudge proof kohl type eye pencil - does it exist?

(16 Posts)
Selks Sat 20-Oct-12 22:46:07

Just that really. My daily 'look' is a light application of grey or light brown kohl eye pencil under my bottom lashes. I like this but it only seems to last for an hour or two before it smudges or seems to disappear.

Any suggestions for how I can get this look to last for a bit longer?

QueenieLovesEels Sat 20-Oct-12 23:01:10

Collection 2000 do these great twist up eyeliners. They stay put. Avon glimmersticks eyeliner- which is another twist up - is good too.

MUA does a good range in super drug and they come with an inbuilt sharpener. Pretty good staying power and only a quid!

I wear eyeliner everyday.

Selks Sat 20-Oct-12 23:12:49

Thank you, will check those out.

Should have mentioned I like the non-shimmery/non-pearly solid colour eyeliners.

boobooyou Sun 21-Oct-12 08:08:03

Urban decay 24/7 liner in my experience does not move at all

AntoinetteCosway Sun 21-Oct-12 08:22:49

Kohl is smudgy-it's its nature. Try a waterproof eyeliner?

chipstick10 Sun 21-Oct-12 08:44:34

Estee lauder double eyewear. I read the recommendations on here and i got myself one last week. It totally stays put and if after two weeks you dont like it you can take it back for a full refund (john lewis). Its a 100 percent guaranteed to stay put.

SoldeInvierno Sun 21-Oct-12 10:45:38

Urban Decay, Nars or by Terry. They all stay put IME

Selks Sun 21-Oct-12 11:47:51

Thanks for the suggestions. I know kohl is smudgy, just wondered if there were any ways round that. I don't want the harsh line of a liquid liner - unless there is a way to apply it that gives the 'smudgy' look.

(Yes I know, I'm probably asking the impossible - wanting a smudgy line that lasts....grin)

Chipstick - interestingly I have just bought a double wear mascara - it's not arrived yet but it sounds good.

Will check out the Urban Decay and other recommendations - thank you.

Selks Sun 21-Oct-12 11:53:59

Have just looked at the Urban Decay 24/7 eye liner - sounds good - might have to invest in this set

Selks Sun 21-Oct-12 11:57:07

The double wear ones look great too - here - thanks! Spoilt for choice now grin

pinotnoirprincess Sun 21-Oct-12 13:28:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FayeKinitt Sun 21-Oct-12 15:28:48

I have a MUA eyeliner pencil and it stays put all day.

Selks Sun 21-Oct-12 19:19:10

Thank you, both of you. I'll look into your suggestions.

You've all been really helpful smile

crazybutterflylady Sun 21-Oct-12 19:38:33

The Chanel waterproof one is pretty good. Definitely urban decay and the Bobbi brown long wear ones too.

Selks Sun 21-Oct-12 19:47:12

Great, thanks

littlebird3 Sun 21-Oct-12 19:50:29

L'Oreal infallible is fab & its mechanical so you don't waste any sharpening it all the time.it has a rubber smudge tool on the end. It stays put all day & is waterproof.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now