Talk

Advanced search

Will I look a numpty in a sequin dress?

(4 Posts)
Meta4 Sat 20-Oct-12 22:23:33

I'm 5ft 5 and size 12. I'm going out in London on Saturday night and really fancy the idea of a sequin dress - as in all-over sequins. But I have a few questions first...

1) Are sequins too Christmassy...?! Silly I know but you always see them on sale around Christmas.

2) Would a gold one be too daring?

3) I've got an hourglass figure - would a shift-type shape be better suited to a less "hippy" figure?

rain2012 Sat 20-Oct-12 22:29:32

I think it would look gorgeous! Don't be frightened of gold sequins - they look fab. I wouldn't go for a shift though as with sequins it may bulk and be unflattering. A body con below the knee style would be very flattering on an hourglass figure!!

Sleepwhenidie Sat 20-Oct-12 22:29:51

I think probably go for it, but

Where/what type of night out is it?

Do you have a link to what you have in mind?

I think if you do go for it you need to feel confident and gorgeous to pull it off grin

Meta4 Sat 20-Oct-12 23:21:19

Thanks both!

It's some sort of trendy bar/club that my SIL has booked - from that POV I think it would be ok.

No links at the mo - still thinking it over! Would probably go for black in the first instance to be safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now