Talk

Advanced search

Not feeling sexy since having babies :s

(6 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Sat 20-Oct-12 21:17:23

Since becoming a mummy, I kind of feel like like I'm not allowed to feel sexy? Not necessarily not allowed... More like don't know how??

QueenieLovesEels Sat 20-Oct-12 21:25:12

Why?

Littleraysofsunshine Sat 20-Oct-12 21:27:08

I'm not sure.. Just things like feeling sexy within myself. Feeling sexy around dp.. He compliments me all the time but I don't accept it easily?

My life is just baby talk I think right now so it's hard to switch it off for a bit to talk adult talk lol

QueenieLovesEels Sat 20-Oct-12 21:33:32

Well then you need to take time out for you and be child free on occasion. It can be all consuming otherwise but you matter too.

See your friends or just take yourself off for some headspace.

You are a mother but you are also your own person too and shouldn't feel guilty claiming some time of your own to recharge.

Naturallyme Sat 20-Oct-12 22:38:10

Well you need to just do you. As a new mother (again) myself I know the feeling. You need to book yourself in for a massage. You need to go home, set your self a bath, bath salts, bath oils, oil burners and just lay back and soak it all in. Get out moisturize, put on some jewellery, nice clothes and.....relax!

I know easier said than done, and I do this, put on nice clothes which is promptly followed by my youngest throwing up over me, but I still feel better than before. Like QueenieLoves said, it is a recharge which we need to take the best care of our loved ones.

Do you think this would help with how you are feeling at all?

scripsi Sun 21-Oct-12 12:09:32

Perhaps you need to orchestrate an occasion for you to dress up and/or where you have to do something you used to do pre-DC? Remember what music you used to listen to/what rituals you used to do when you knew you were going for a date with DP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now