Talk

Advanced search

Hair Straighteners

(11 Posts)
duracellbatterybunny Sat 20-Oct-12 18:25:29

Are GHD straighteners worth the money? They are on my DD Christmas list but ohhhh the price!! She has very thick, frizzy hair which she hopes to tame. Any ideas?

CoteDAzur Sat 20-Oct-12 18:38:37

Totally worth it. I have a thick mane of long hair in locks and can straighten it all in about 20 mins.

troubador Sat 20-Oct-12 18:46:50

Oh yes.

MikeLitorisBites Sat 20-Oct-12 18:49:44

I have very thick, frizzy and long hair and there really is no comparison to ghd's.

They have a really good reputation for repairing/replacing when faulty too.

DistressedMumHELP Sat 20-Oct-12 19:01:55

Yep definitely ghd's they are expensive but last really well.

duracellbatterybunny Sat 20-Oct-12 20:38:11

Oh thanks everyone, looks like its GHDs then. Are they all the same, just different colours etc?

troubador Sat 20-Oct-12 21:05:09

I have the thick ones as I have a lot of hair - I've been told if you want to be able to use GHD's to curl hair you need the thin ones. But if your DD has a lot of hair and needs to do it quickly I'd def go for the thick ones over the thin ones.

LeChatRouge Sun 21-Oct-12 01:24:11

I used to have GHDs, but can honestly recommend Nicky Clark Hair Therapy ceramic straighteners that you can buy in Boots. They have a variable temp setting and in my opinion they are just as good as GHDs. I should add I used to be a hair stylist for videos and magazines, so I have a fair bit of experience.

The main thing is, whichever you buy, to use them section by section. Have a look on YouTube for some vids, the right technique will make all the difference. I would also buy a heat protector mist too.

Beaverfeaver Sun 21-Oct-12 02:25:10

I really rate Corioliss hair straiteners. Might be bit more money than GHD's but so much better and worth it IMO

Alexa12 Sun 21-Oct-12 09:09:22

GHDs are lovely - the plates don't snag hair & they leave hair nice and soft. They're the best imo & I've tried lots - the newer ones also have a cut off thing where they will shut off if accidently left on. All the same, just different colours/designs - some come in cases with clips etc. Black are the classic. Register them on GHD website when you get them, they're excellent at returns/repairs under warranty. Get a good heat protector spray as well, Charles Worthington does a good one. Lucky DD!

xmasevebundle Sun 21-Oct-12 12:38:55

I have had the same pair since i was 14(im 19 now)

They are really good! Heats up quick, can curl with them too, if you get the thin plates onesgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now