We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone used aussie company that do ikea sofa covers called comfort works?

(21 Posts)
ggirl Sat 20-Oct-12 11:13:09

cheaper than ikea for the cover I want

Mosman Sat 20-Oct-12 12:21:45

Yes brilliant, throughly ecommend them

scripsi Sat 20-Oct-12 13:59:45

do either of you have the ektorp sofa? I am probably going to buy one on Monday (two-seater) as I am tired of the brutally uncomfortable sofabed thing we've had for years. If you do, is it comfortable? I would probably buy the white sofa but get some comfort works velvet covers for the winter.

fuckadoodlepoopoo Sat 20-Oct-12 14:03:23

Are they just available in Australia?

scripsi Sat 20-Oct-12 14:04:12

no from look at their site, they deliver all over the world.

scripsi Sat 20-Oct-12 14:04:22

sorry "from looking"

ggirl Sat 20-Oct-12 14:06:25

ooooh thanks mosman ...I'm after the lino vintage for my ektorp . Which material did you have.
I'm waiting for samples to make sure.

scripsi , we have 2 and 3 seater ektorp , very comfortable and great for me who likes to change the colour of the covers on a regualr basis

However I really want a hovas sofa which is the same as the old ekeskog but it's not available in the UK for some reason
Much bigger than ektorp

scripsi Sat 20-Oct-12 14:09:56

oh dear, that Hovas is lovely ggirl <particularly like describing anything "gobo white">

I think I am going to go for the two seater ektorp. I particularly like the idea of a (bleachable) white cover for summer and then lots of lovely velvet covers for cold days. I currently don't use our sofa as it messes with my sciatica, realised that I am never comfortable in my own home so will be lounging from now on.

ggirl Sat 20-Oct-12 14:23:59

it is lovely isn't it
my friend has the old ekeskog and it is so comfy

my 2 seater has white cover with different blankets over the seats depending on my mood...god I sound nauseating

scripsi Sat 20-Oct-12 14:31:30

hmmm, I think the ektorp will be my sofa <wishful thinking> and then eventually if they ever see sense and bring the Hovas to the UK that can replace the evil large sofa bed.

Just seen that this company do slip covers too for Ikea sofas:
www.bemz.com/en-gb/

ggirl Sat 20-Oct-12 14:32:34

Bemz are much more expensive
I had two ikea jennylund chair covers from bemz and they shrunk in the wash

scripsi Sat 20-Oct-12 14:34:36

yes, just saw the prices (!). And I want velvet covers ...
Sorry to hear about your covers - non-washable slipcovers are more than useless!

Mosman Sat 20-Oct-12 14:37:34

I am sat on an Ektrop sofa bed now, it's fantastic, so good we bought anouther after DS drew on it with a felt tip.

scripsi Sat 20-Oct-12 14:43:41

I think I'm convinced that ektorp's the way forward. What kind of fabric slipcovers did you get from comfort works? Does the ektorp tend to look a bit messy?

Mammamia80 Fri 11-Apr-14 12:12:05

I tried out www.soferia.com They surely deilver in Europe, don't know about other countries. They are bit less expensive than other online stores. I have the cover and i really love it. Kim

FabULouse Fri 11-Apr-14 12:46:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

FabULouse Fri 11-Apr-14 12:47:09

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HallyWell Fri 06-Feb-15 06:31:50

Was wondering if anyone tried comfort works for their service?
their online reviews are way TOO positive almost, but i also found on the net what seems to be a gallery of their customers photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/comfortworks/

lishalee Mon 06-Jun-16 11:33:36

They're ok i think? Their facebook page has a few disgruntled customers... www.facebook.com/ComfortWorks.com.au

Babygrow2010 Mon 10-Apr-17 10:29:10

Avoid Soferia at all costs! Between their ambiguous web interface, lack of a sales telephone number, buggy computer system, and belligerent attitude towards refunding when the wrong sofa-cover was sent, I strongly advise against doing business with this company as a private customer. If you do use them and need to return goods to them, keep strict records of everything.

I ordered two sofa covers from Soferia to fit the 3-seat Karlstad sofa from Ikea. All told, it took a month for the sofa covers to arrive after I ordered them, and another five weeks after that before I got my refund. It took a lot of work to get the refund, and I still had to pay for the high return shipping. This is not something I'm about to do again. All in all a very stressful and unpleasant encounter.

Sonnet Mon 10-Apr-17 11:03:53

Is this the same company then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now