Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Might be a bit early in the day, but can you help me find something for the bedroom ...

(14 Posts)
HeartJumpstart Sat 20-Oct-12 10:40:53

that I'll feel comftable in?

DH has asked if I'll get some stockings, I've never worn them before and not the most body confident person.

Id need something like a sexy night gown too, but can only find tight see through baby doll things.

I am size 14ish, but most of my weight is on my belly, big overhang blush sad

So Am worried about how stockings and that hold up thing would look?

I know DH would find anything sexy on me but I feel uncomftable I'm not going to enjoy wearing it.

Please don't like to £95 nighties because I just don't have the budget for it,

Thanks.

MsArseBiscuit Sat 20-Oct-12 11:05:13

As a stocking wearer for 20+ years, I reckon the best bet will be a decent suspender belt from Stockings HQ, not only will it keep your stockings up properly, you can get one that's deep enough that it will cover your tummy issues and make you feel more comfortable.

MsArseBiscuit Sat 20-Oct-12 11:11:50

You could kill two birds with one stone www.stockingshq.com/suspender-belts-c8/stockings-hq-luxury-lace-6-strap-corselette-p738

Or just the belt but with tummy control www.stockingshq.com/suspender-belts-c8/stockings-hq-black-grey-white-floral-powermesh-6-strap-suspender-belt-p458

Cheap option www.stockingshq.com/suspender-belts-c8/silky-wide-lace-suspender-belt-p443

( I wear stockings and suspenders because I like them anyway, don't be wearing anything that doesn't make you feel gorgeous )

HeartJumpstart Sat 20-Oct-12 11:15:37

thankyou but they are too reavealing, id be poking out over.

I really need to loose a few stone. that would solve all my problems.

i wish I could afford this!

MsArseBiscuit Sat 20-Oct-12 11:30:22

Was even the corselette too revealing ? Maybe a suspender belt with a chemise thing over the top might make you feel happier, have you looked on Figleaves ? ( You sound like you're not convinced by the whole idea in the first place, the idea is that it should be something that makes YOU feel sexy and desirable )

HeartJumpstart Sat 20-Oct-12 11:43:59

I do wanna do it, I just have no confidence, I've lost 2 stone but just been stuck with no motivation for like 4 months and stuck at 12 stone and angry at myself for not having the strength to do it.

Maybe I should wait till I'm happier about myself.

DH tells me how gorgeous I am everyday and i know that even if i were another 2 stone heavier i coud wear the skimpiest thing and he would love it, but its my own confidence.

HeartJumpstart Sat 20-Oct-12 11:46:34

I look at women much bigger than myself and feel envious because they look amazing.

BandersnatchCummerbund Sat 20-Oct-12 11:58:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeartJumpstart Sat 20-Oct-12 12:11:52

Just for the record as im coming across as a walflower here, DH and I have a very, very good sex life.

I have basques and corsets but they are all too small now and even in a bigger size I dont think i'd look 'right' in them now,

I used to love dressing up in sexy tutus and stuff but just can't now I'm bigger.

I've never bought stockings though and he must like the look of them but I will just have the shop photo of some skinny pins in my mind when I put them on but I know I wont look like that.

MsArseBiscuit Sat 20-Oct-12 12:23:14

But the thing is, Heart, that I bet your DH thinks you look amazing. Vintage- styled underwear is great because it's designed to make the most of curves, I speak as a size 14. You can wait until you lose more weight or you can see yourself as a 50s sex siren and blow his mind, confidence is your friend.

MsArseBiscuit Sat 20-Oct-12 12:26:52

I have legs like a pit pony's and still wear stockings, I have serious long leg envy, no-one has legs like the ones in the adverts (disclaimer - I think some people probably do, and I have nothing but hatred for them )

HeartJumpstart Sat 20-Oct-12 13:03:06

I'm setting myself a goal of 7lbs and once i loose that DH can buy me some lovely stockings and a little something else if he wishes to wink

MsArseBiscuit Sat 20-Oct-12 13:07:28

You go, girlfriend !

HeartJumpstart Sat 20-Oct-12 13:10:07

grin

I might just leave the lapton open with the £75 one on the page grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now