Talk

Advanced search

Shrug or capelet or cover-up for december wedding reception

(13 Posts)
Elfontheedge Fri 19-Oct-12 20:58:53

I've got a lovely long brown dress that I fit into again after losing 2.5 stone but it has really thin straps and I want to cover the tops of my arms. I need something that I can keep on so not a wrap as it'll just annoy me but not too warm as we'll be indoors in a nice pub. Inexpensive would be a bonus too!

notMarlene Fri 19-Oct-12 21:28:10

Could you maybe link to the dress or put a photo on your profile? It'd be handy to know what shoes and bag you're going with too? (HAt?)

Will have a look about

Elfontheedge Fri 19-Oct-12 21:40:59

Not got a pic unfortunately but it's a very simple bias cut dress with thin straps in chocolate brown. Sort of a long slip dress style to mid calf. Shoes are metallic brown with high heels and I have a dark gold clutch bag. No hat. It's not too formal an affair - think groom in suit and skater trainers so anything goes really. HTH!

ruby22 Fri 19-Oct-12 21:43:52

I have got a silver faux fur cape/shrug thing that I wore to a wedding last winter, it was from la redoute, will see if they still have them, was super cheap.

Teeb Fri 19-Oct-12 21:50:02

Would something like this work with the dress?

DameEnidsOrange Fri 19-Oct-12 21:50:42

How good are you with your hands?

notMarlene Fri 19-Oct-12 21:50:43

cream? Too pricey?

Elfontheedge Fri 19-Oct-12 21:56:39

Bride is wearing faux fur shrug so don't want to look too similar but monsoon a possible. Maybe something darker?

Elfontheedge Fri 19-Oct-12 21:57:47

Around £40 is a good price though.

Teeb Fri 19-Oct-12 22:06:02

What are your thoughts on a cropped jacket maybe? Or do you think that would be too warm?

Elfontheedge Fri 19-Oct-12 22:08:00

Would depend. Everything I've seen is a bit too "mother of the bride".

Teeb Fri 19-Oct-12 22:10:20

Mm I know what you mean, they can look a bit stiff and structured. Is this colour any better?

Do you like a bit of glitz?

Elfontheedge Fri 19-Oct-12 22:15:05

Glitz is good. It's a bit of a treat to buy anything at all at the minute so it needs to be just right you know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now