Talk

Advanced search

My name's Pootle and I'm addicted to

(28 Posts)
pootle123 Fri 19-Oct-12 18:39:15

Breton tops. I've just counted them and I have 11 of the feckers. From Petit Bateau to Primark I can't seem to stop buying them. Anyone else got an item of clothing that they buy on repeat? smile

FuzzyFreudianSlippers Fri 19-Oct-12 18:45:41

I have a self imposed rule that I must not buy any more tops that navy/stripes. I have far too many.

Maybe we need a BA group (breton annonymous) that meets weekly to try to break this addiction!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Fri 19-Oct-12 18:49:50

oh, I like this thread
i bought my third breton this week and wondered if that was weird
clearly not grin.

pootle123 Fri 19-Oct-12 18:52:16

Like your idea! Nice to know I'm not alone Fuzzy. I look like an onion seller half the time grin Going the same way with jersey dresses for work. Must try to break this addiction.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 19-Oct-12 18:54:33

I've more than thatblush

For some reason my work 'uniform' consists of wide leg trousers and a Breton tophmm It's practical, and my job needs that but really, I should have an Internet filter thing to stop me buying any moregrin

FuzzyFreudianSlippers Fri 19-Oct-12 18:56:59

Charlotte If you only have 3 then you are doing well. I have lots.

Its my comfort zone outfit, skinny jeans a breton and a scarf. Unfortunately, it seems to be the go-to-outfit for every other mummy around here and we all end up looking like we are wearing a uniform hmm

I really must break the addiction.

HappyGirlNow Fri 19-Oct-12 19:04:27

Cream blouses! I have dozens!! blush

pootle123 Fri 19-Oct-12 19:08:41

Scarves! Don't get me started grin I have the mumsnet scarf in every colour, plus the birds one, numerous Zara ones and I've just discovered (whispers) M&S have got some nice ones that are pretty big and are good mulberry dupes. Where will this end?

Hopefully Fri 19-Oct-12 19:13:45

My addiction would be scarves, but DH gives me A Look every time I try to buy another.

I think I may 'lose' a couple...

FuzzyFreudianSlippers Fri 19-Oct-12 19:16:43

My DH has banned me from buying for bags for the forseeable future sad

He just doesn't understand <<wails with the unjustice of it all>>

Spookey80 Fri 19-Oct-12 19:32:48

Breton tops!! Me too, I just can't stop. Every time I think I've found the perfect one I seem to see an even better one. But it gets worse, today I realised that not only I had a Breton on, i had also dressed each child on stripes too! Aaah. Help me!

pootle123 Fri 19-Oct-12 19:33:59

One of the benefits of being addicted to buying near identical Breton tops is that DH doesn't notice. Have to be careful not to wash them and put them all on the airer at same time though grin

ChablisLover Fri 19-Oct-12 19:34:06

I went cold Turkey on Breton tops and kept 2! It was hard.

My weakness is coats shoes and bags. Using bad hips as an excuse to buy comfy shoes! Dh not fully buying this reasoning grin

kerstina Fri 19-Oct-12 19:40:36

I buy more Fly wedges than I should but they are so comfy and give much needed extra height. Only ever bought them on offer though never full price. Also addicted to moss green wool knitwear and have also got quite a few white shirts.

CeeceeBloomingdale Fri 19-Oct-12 19:43:08

Bags, boots and scarves. Accessories are better than clothes in my opinion!

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Oct-12 19:46:02

White Stuff wedges
They are the only people who make shoes I like in an 8 that actually fits.
I don't like dainty heels, but I do like wedges.

minicc Fri 19-Oct-12 19:59:22

I only seem to like stripes though. Is that really so bad?!. It's really embarrassing when I accidentally dress my daughter in stripes too grin

imperialstateknickers Fri 19-Oct-12 20:09:31

Do White Stuff go as far as 9 BIkeSkiRun?

dd1 has hit that size and is suffering from inability to buy shoes in most shops syndrome. There's a White Stuff here but I'd never thought of it for shoes.

NorksAreMessy Fri 19-Oct-12 20:14:13

Monica BOXLEY bags (12 at the last count)
Boden wrap dresses

Sometimes I bore myself

Sleepwhenidie Fri 19-Oct-12 20:28:02

Grey cashmere sweaters and cardigans...always had a bit of a thing for snuggly cardi's (DM used to call me Pauline Fowlergrin), now my taste is just slightly more refined.

Also anything with sequins or embellishments, my wardrobe mainly consists of soft grey things and spangly stuff - which aren't often a great team. Getting a bit drag queeny now, have to rein myself in smile.

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Oct-12 20:58:47

imperial No 9, but it's a generous 8. Has your DD tried Next, M&S and Clark's. Online, there's Amber and Rose too. Big branches of New Look and sometimes Barratts do a 9 too - these may be more up your DD's street.

imperialstateknickers Fri 19-Oct-12 21:20:07

Hi BikeSki, we've found New Look (thank God, it's within budget considering she's 13 and gets bored of fashion clothing just as quickly as we did at that age)

Will look at Amber & Rose, thanks.

HollyBollyBooBoo Fri 19-Oct-12 22:41:02

Wrap dresses, just so easy for work, look smart and are comfy, really didn't need another one but did that stop me buying one yesterday? Oh no!

dottyaboutstripes Fri 19-Oct-12 23:17:29

Bretons here too. Can't help it. I'm dotty about them grin

Meggles76 Sat 20-Oct-12 08:12:09

Another breton addict here! I have navy striped ones, beige striped ones and today, I am off to pick up a wine striped one... And have my eye on a further berry striped one. I wear with skinny jeans, straight leg jeans, cord skirt. Lots of people comment on my love of a stripe.

DH also laughs that I dress DC in stripes.

Scarves are another weakness. Especially fine wool type ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now