Talk

Advanced search

Do tell the bride

(15 Posts)
Graceparkhill Fri 19-Oct-12 18:29:26

Lovely friend is getting married in December ( partner deploying overseas in Jan).

She has set her heart on Alexia Bridal dress W328 light gold in size 8. ( 10 would do)

I have spoken to lovely lady Alana in Ayr bridal shop who can source ivory but not light gold.

It looks so easy on the telly so please can anyone help?
Thanks for reading.

mrscumberbatch Fri 19-Oct-12 20:01:13

So this dress?

Order it online?

newmum001 Fri 19-Oct-12 20:07:49

Sorry can't help but just wanted to say how absolutely stunning that dress is!

Graceparkhill Fri 19-Oct-12 20:44:17

Thanks for doing the linky thing Mrs. C. I don't know if it is possible to order online but I will suggest that to my friend.

Agreed newmum -it is a beautiful dress and I think she will look amazing.

Thanks both for caring !

DontmindifIdo Fri 19-Oct-12 20:48:39

Get your friend to call/e-mail the company who make it directly, they should be able to let her know where she can go to get one, even if she can't order directly from them.

mrscumberbatch Fri 19-Oct-12 20:49:02

If they offer a website I'd assume that they do. Tell your friend to try on the dress in ivory for sizing and then if the website can't send you it, go through all of their UK suppliers to send you one in the right colour.

memphis83 Fri 19-Oct-12 20:52:03

There are a lot of stockist in the uk, can you call them all to see if any of them have it in stock. Usually at least a 12 week turnaround to order a dress in so your best bet is to see if there is one in stock somewhere and get it couriered? Good luck

Graceparkhill Fri 19-Oct-12 20:58:50

Thanks all. Did a phone around of West of Scotland stockists today so will extend my search further tomorrow.

As an avid fan of Don't Tell the Bride I thought you could buy a wedding dress off the peg but apparently not.

One dress shop lady thought the wedding was December next year and seemed to think even that was pushing it!

You really do have to plan ahead.

Disclaimer got married 20 years ago in v smart day dress from M&S.

I will update on my progress. Thanks again.

DontmindifIdo Fri 19-Oct-12 21:12:24

A lot of 'proper' wedding dresses are ordered 6 months in advance, but she might get lucky and one of the stockist have one, or if she calls/e-mails the company they might have one already in her size they could send to her directly (or go up to size 12 and having it completely altered to fit, a good dress maker can do this). Get her to push about her DH2B serving his country etc, lay it on thick....

Graceparkhill Fri 19-Oct-12 21:57:34

Thanks Don'tmind. Friend v modest and won't play the being deployed card- which is where I come in useful because I am happy to play up that side of things.

The reality is she wouldn't be organising the wedding at such short notice if things were different.

I do love Mumsnet by the way. Everyone so helpful and informed.

memphis83 Fri 19-Oct-12 22:31:49

This is the best time of year to get their samples as they tend to sell them off now to make room for next seasons stock so hope something pulls through.

Graceparkhill Fri 19-Oct-12 22:44:55

Thank you Memphis. How do people know all this stuff?
I am v impressed.

CountryBelle Sat 20-Oct-12 15:40:24

Beautiful dress!!

Dettmann Wed 07-Nov-12 05:40:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

vvviola Wed 07-Nov-12 05:56:00

I just wanted to weigh in on the merits of a sample dress & a good dressmaker. (and say how lovely that dress is)

I bought my wedding dress off the sample rack (for half nothing!) it was a size 12. Dressmaker worked amazing magic by putting two panels in it (cut from the end of the skirt - I'm 5 foot 4, so there was a bit spare!) and made it into a size 16 - 18. grin You couldn't tell unless it was pointed out to you, and even then it just looked like part of the dress.

A good dressmaker will be able to work magic in the opposite direction also.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now